FAIRFIELD, CT (AP) – The death of a 4-month-old baby at an unlicensed home day care in Connecticut has been ruled a homicide after toxicology reports found high levels of Benadryl in the infant’s system.
Police in Fairfield say they’re investigating the March 22 death of Adam Seagull of Shelton. An autopsy has concluded the baby died from acute diphenhydramine intoxication.
His death was initially ruled an accident from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Deputy Police Chief Chris Lyddy says there had been no signs of trauma and the baby had not been sick.
No criminal charges have been filed. Lyddy says the investigation is ongoing.