C-section Moms Go Through Hell! And Here Is Why We Should Stop Judging C-section Moms Go Through Hell! And Here Is Why We Should Stop Judging
When my first child was born, I wasn’t given the opportunity to give birth to him by myself. I delivered through c-section.I was cut... C-section Moms Go Through Hell! And Here Is Why We Should Stop Judging

When my first child was born, I wasn’t given the opportunity to give birth to him by myself. I delivered through c-section.I was cut up and he was pulled out of me, and I agree that, that wasn’t how nature had intended it to happen.

But what can I say? Yes there wasn’t any pushing involved, I didn’t have to sigh and push my baby from my body while my husband urged and encouraged to to keep going, that I’m almost there.

And I regret not being able to do this after carrying my baby for good nine months. In fact, I couldn’t feel much because of the epidural I was injected with, and yes, I wasn’t able to bond with my baby at his first point of entry into the world.

I had hoped for a natural delivery, but as fate would have it, an emergency caesarean had to be performed, and I could not experience what most mothers go through, pushing their baby into the world with clenched fists and sweating palms, while their husband and family urges them to push on, until their sweet baby is brought into the world.

During the ante-natal classes, I had the opportunity of learning more about C-section and how it works, but of course, I never dreamt of giving birth through C-section so I didn’t think I need to know anything about it. But in the end, that was the only way I could bring my baby into the world healthy and alive so I had no choice.

The pains of the stitches in my abdomen is not as intense as the pain I felt when some days and weeks after, people were sympathising with me, throwing me pitying look. And I was surprised, after all my child didn’t die and I’m healthy so what’s with the sympathising look?

To my chagrin, I discovered they were pitying me because I wasn’t able to bond with my baby at the moment when he came into this world. How outrageous! I don’t feel pity for myself or my son, so why should anybody? And for the record I don’t regret ever having a C-section for if that’s the only way to bring my baby into the world alive and safe then that’s okay.

Someone else didn’t carry my baby to term for me, I did, he wasn’t brought out from someone else’s abdomen, but me, so what’s the ado about for nothing? It was in that moment and month that I discovered that there’s another myth spreading all over the world about natural deliveries.

And so unknowingly women are being pressured into having a natural birth by all means possible. And indeed being awake when your baby breathes his first breath and cried is a beautiful thing and so also is being able to control your child’s birth and something every mother wish for.

But what happens when that is impossible? Allow my baby to die? No, right? Then why do people find it hard to understand and reason with c-section mothers?

What people who judge C-section mothers don’t understand is that, a caesarean section is a major surgery and so many risks are attached to it, and it also requires a long period to recover. Sometimes it’s the only option left when there’s a medical emergency, and even when that’s not the case, sometimes a woman might feel that is the only way she can give birth. Does that mean she should be judged?

Yes it might be unspoken, but people are silently judging women who give birth through C-section, I’m sure in their mind they would be asking questions like Was she too lazy to push? Or does she not want to risk having her vagina stretched and stitched after she has tears? Does she not know vaginal birth is a good way to bond with her baby after birth?

I think this judging of C-section mothers has to stop, it’s so unfair. That you had your child through vaginal birth does not mean you would do a better job at being a mum than I will. It doesn’t mean you will love your child more than I will. Or whether you will pick them up early at school and I’d be late.

And as long as it’s not a determinant of whether or not I will be a good mother to my child, then it shouldn’t matter.

Right from the time a woman is pregnant, she becomes an object for pressure and judging, people comment on whether or not she makes a perfect image of a mother. This pressure starts from pregnancy till when the child is given birth to and doesn’t ever stop. But it must stop.

This judgement can do no good for C-section mothers and their children, they are in a situation where they have to come to terms with their birth which was different from what they planned. And sometimes they can’t talk to fellow new mums mothers who gave birth vaginally for they have a sense of being better than them. Yet women needs each other’s support.

And although I didn’t give birth to my baby vaginally, I believe I couldn’t have loved him more and bonded with him any sooner than I did, it’s motherly love, as long as you are a mother you will love and bond with your baby. And that’s what matters.

Source: http://www.mamalette.com/featured/why-we-should-stop-judging-c-section-moms/

winexviv

• Adrianna Wideman

2016-09-30 #1 Author

I had 2 csections, you go through more Pain then natural birth

• Thomadia

2016-10-02 #2 Author

I Never Had A c-section before I have had to naturally births I think no matter how you give birth it’s still a joy

• Angel

2016-10-25 #3 Author

I had a c section with my first child it was pain . I think its wayyy worst then pushing

• Destiny poole

2017-02-08 #4 Author

I had my first child via C section last Thursday 2/2/17 it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. However, recovery is the worst.

• Anissa

2017-02-10 #5 Author

I had a c section and it is by far the worst thing to go through

• Nija

2016-12-29 #6 Author

I have an emergency c section with my daughter. Worst pain I ever experienced but so worth it

• Jaquetta

2016-12-30 #7 Author

I had an c Section & it was the worse. Hoping for natural birth if I have another baby

• Monique

2017-02-06 #8 Author

I had a natural birth..i hope i never have to experience a c-section

• Jasmine

2017-02-22 #9 Author

I love watching videos like this

• Yolanda cooper

2016-09-30 #10 Author

I Also Was Rushed Into An Emergency C Section with my 1st child.
    I was so scared to get but thankfully with my son I had a vaginal birth.
    Either Way It Doesnt make You less of a mother than the next woman.

• Erma

2016-09-30 #11 Author

Yes we do. I was in labor for 13 hours an in up having a C-section

• Micaria

2016-10-20 #12 Author

I think that having a c-section is painful but after the birth

• Adriana ❤️

2016-09-30 #13 Author

C-Section is So Pain Ful But Worth It ?

• Ciara Sharay

2016-10-03 #14 Author

Superrrrrrrr Painful But It Was Very Worth It ??

• Jaki Crouch

2016-09-30 #15 Author

Natural. Birth is. Better. To me

• Erica Chrouch

2016-09-30 #16 Author

What people fail to realise is c-sections are just as important as natural births. I had a c-section and when I say that pain after is no joke I mean it!

• Rae

2017-01-27 #17 Author

My sister had 2 and each time she was going through hell afterwards. Plus she breastfeeds so twice the pain

• Jeiza Torres

2016-09-30 #18 Author

I heard a c-section is painful.. I know 3 people who has had one but at the end of the day the pain is worth it.. I went natural all 3 times so I can’t say nothing but on what I hear about it.

• demi stotts

2016-09-30 #19 Author

In my opinion c- section mother’s are just the same as vaginal mother’s, they have to go through just as much if not more while having their baby. You should never be judge by the way you had your baby, some people don’t get a option

• Nesline Diamond

2016-09-30 #20 Author

C-section was the worse took 3 weeks to recover

• Lacindia Ewimg

2016-09-30 #21 Author

Us as mothers go through a lot to have our beautiful babies but we can’t help but to love them and give them the world

• Raquel johnson

2016-09-30 #22 Author

I had a c section as well. I carried full term. It was not easy at all. The healing process was a little rough and I wasn’t able to sleep on my sides for about a full week which was very uncomfortable. C section mothers don’t always choose to deliver this way…and we as well deserve respect and acknowledgement. I cherish my son..and wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Blessed.

• Tiesha

2016-09-30 #23 Author

I had a c-section & my experience different to say the least. After being cut open I was shown my baby ( didn’t get the chance to hold, kiss, or smell him) before he was rushed to the NICU. As far as being pitted or feeling like less of a woman I couldn’t relate it takes a strong woman to go through such a huge surgery, not be able to lift her child without help, & still come out unbroken.

• Shawnice Figueroa

2016-09-30 #24 Author

I give credit to people who have c sections I was so scared I would need one.

• Kourtney

2016-10-01 #25 Author

Every labor experience is different because we are different as women. If you have carried a baby for 9-10 months your a soldier whether you delivered vaginally or by cesarean section. I work in this field and both can be just as equally traumatizing but in the end worth while. So respect ALL mothers.

• C Mcclary

2016-10-01 #26 Author

My sister had c-section for all 3 of her kids never knew it was like this

• Gabriel

2016-10-01 #27 Author

I had three c-sections the pain is awful I cried each time and it hurts worse when using the restroom.

• Jasmine

2016-10-01 #28 Author

I had a c section after I perfectly healthy pregnancy..
    The healing process was the worse especially while caring for a newborn

• Phylicia Robertson

2016-10-01 #29 Author

I had a c section twice and wouldn’t change a thing. As long as my children are healthy it’s all worth it.

• Shelia House

2016-10-01 #30 Author

Everyone woman experience in labor is different from others. I’ve had 2 c section carried full term both pregnancies but due to gestational diabetes I couldn’t push, so I had to have c sections and I must say they were not bad at all. In fact that’s how I plan to deliver all my children rather than push.

• ROKEIA

2016-10-01 #31 Author

I RATHER HAVE A TOOTHACHE THEN A CSECTION

• Allison Lane

2016-10-01 #32 Author

I just had my c section. Its beautiful and painful at the same time.

• marissa

2016-12-06 #33 Author

I had my c section in March of 2012 and December 2014

• Catherine

2016-10-02 #34 Author

I had a natural birth, but my sister had a c section and let me tell you I respect her for that because she went through so much pain .

• Colette Jones

2016-10-02 #35 Author

C sections are hard work. More power to those mothers who endure them.

• Lala

2016-10-02 #36 Author

I had a c section and it wasn’t that bad

• Alexandria McMillan

2016-10-02 #37 Author

Yes I had Pain Reliever But It Was All worth it at the end I love my 2 kids

• Alexandria McMillan

2016-10-02 #38 Author

I Had a great pregnancy I love my 2kids To Death

• Devyerre lewisn

2016-10-03 #39 Author

Definitely agreed. Being a soldier in the military and getting a c-section and having to go back to work 45 days later to do Soldier work!!!

• Billie Washington

2016-10-03 #40 Author

I had to c-section within 8months of each other (kids are preemies) so scary but I wouldn’t have trade it for the world b.c they wouldn’t have made it if I didn’t have one.

• Shadejah jackson

2016-10-03 #41 Author

I also had a csection and no mater what kind birth you have all baby’s are gifts and you forget at it all once you lay eyes on ur creation ?

• Tiffney mcwhorter

2016-10-03 #42 Author

I remember this day like it just happened the most breathtaking day of my life

• Melissa Doyle

2016-10-03 #43 Author

I’ve had 2 C-section. With the birth of my frist son I had no choice… I was not able to bring my son into the world naturally because of the anatomy of my body.. I spent 18 hours in labor and I was still at 3cm the doctors did what they could to make me dilate but nothing worked.. My son was in fetal distress he was coming but he had no way out… And with my 2nd son it was the same thing.

• Drealon Baggett

2016-10-03 #44 Author

My fiance was told multiple times during her pregnancy that we were having a girl. This included the ultra sound right before she went into labor to give birth to our beautiful baby boy Drealon Baggett Jr.

• Robyndeelynn

2016-10-03 #45 Author

I have had 3 never had anything but them… I dont know whatbot feels like tonpush out a baby but i can say that our risk is higher but i had a really fast recovery with all 3 ibwas up walking 9 hours after my dr made sure….

• Ariel Hollins

2016-10-03 #46 Author

I have to have one in March. Extremely scared!

• Jasmine

2016-10-03 #47 Author

My C-section wasnt all that painful maybe the part when they pushing down on my stomach and get sewd back up was the worst .

• Christal

2016-10-04 #48 Author

I had 3 c sections. The recovery is the most trying part of the procedure. I admit, I do from time to time feel a small sence of emptiness because I was never able to deliver vaginally. I tried twice but I feel if I did not make the important decision of getting the c-section that it would have been the most selfish decision a mother could make. It would have not only put my life at greater risk, but it would have cost me the lives of the most important people in the world to me, God’s most precious gifts.

• T Greer Stewart

2016-10-05 #49 Author

C-section was my choice!!! However when I arrived to the hospital the doctor’s decided otherwise. I was in labor for FOUR (4) ENTIRE WHOLE DAYS!!! Finally on the 5th day the doctor’s decided to do an c-section!!! When my bundle of joy arrived it was such a blessing and would do it all over again… minus the aftermath of heart failure and pneumonia… c- section mothers are awesome!!!

• kay-juana Ferguson

2016-10-06 #50 Author

I Had 3 C sections and I preferred it than natural birth

• Shaunte

2016-10-07 #51 Author

I remember this day like yesterday. Most terrifying moment of my life but all worth it once my son was in my arms ?

• Carey glenn

2016-10-11 #52 Author

I had one i was in so much pain !

• Carla

2016-10-14 #53 Author

I’ve had a c section and 1 natural birth and I’d pick a C- section any day ! Women always complain of c- sections but everybody’s different cuz I barely had pain and was let out the hospital in 2 days rather than 3 .

• Kiari Cummings

2016-10-15 #54 Author

I had three c sections the first one was a emergency because they lost my daughters heartbeat and it didnt return for a matter of seconds and even then her heartrate was dropping dramatically

• Deidre

2016-10-18 #55 Author

Ive had five kids. My very last pregnancy was a set of twins that I had June 27th 2016. All of my kids were born vaginally,, UNTIL twin B of my last pregnancy. My very last baby was a csection cause she was so high up and wouldnt come down. Worst experience ever. Im very glad shes healthy,, but a the recovery from a csection is way different and longer than that pf vaginal birth. Im glad thats over with.

• Dyanna

2016-10-21 #56 Author

I had a c section @28 weeks pregnant I had preeclampsia..

• Courtney

2016-10-22 #57 Author

I had a csection but it was totally worth it!!!!

• Amanda Matli

2016-10-26 #58 Author

Having a baby is a feeling I cannot explain.. (joy). I had my firstborn through natural, my goodness I thought I was dying.
    I nearly gave up, I wanted to die because I couldn’t take the pain anymore.
    But when I thought of the tiny little soul I was bringing to the world I had to fight. Now she is a healthy 10 month girl.. I Thank the almighty for giving me the strength for all that process. Good luck to all the mom2be

• Courtney Spivey

2016-11-02 #59 Author

Never had a csection but I had horrible labor with my first with 17 1/2 hours of labor. With my 2nd it wasn’t so bad! I would do it all over again BC it is so worth it!

• khethiwe

2016-11-07 #60 Author

I had 3 c section plus the one I will do next year I’m 30 years old it’s a life time pain it doesn’t get better especially when the weather changes. I just feel not normal anyway but that doesn’t put me down as long as I’m alive and breathing I have to live..

• LaDonna moore

2016-11-18 #61 Author

Ive had 2 of them out of 3 pregnancies n I would want to push any day lol…but its all worth it after u see your little one

• Alawode funto

2016-11-28 #62 Author

Who says its not what makes us mothers..carring a child for nine months and eventually didn’t go in vain is all that maters….uAm a proud mother irrespective of how my child came to live and to conquer by God’s grace.

• marissa

2016-12-06 #63 Author

I had my c section March 2012 and December 2014

• Jasmine Leslie

2016-12-06 #64 Author

I had preeclampsiaa so i was induced early but during that 2 day labor my son heart rate was going down so either way i was going to get a csection, i just hope i can deliver my next child vaginally.

• Tee Moton

2016-12-17 #65 Author

I’ve had three C-sections and I don’t think it makes me less of a woman or mother. I did what was best for my babies. Yet we can’t expect a person who’s never been put in our position to completely understand.

• Janiya Lashae

2016-12-22 #66 Author

I had a c section December 10 & I’m still recovering ! You go through way more pain then having a VB

• Esmeralda Ramos

2016-12-28 #67 Author

I had 3 natural births and my last 4th was an emergency c section… Believe me although I was asleep the 1st thing I asked for when I woke up was my baby, still bonded after and she couldn’t be anymore attached to me. So it’s all foolish talk…

• Moét

2016-12-28 #68 Author

While c sections may not always be the first choice what matters is the health of the baby ..Long as the baby is healthy & okay I had no concerns..

• Arieon

2016-12-29 #69 Author

I have had 3 csetions and I love my babies unconditionally , wouldn’t trade them for anything. But that pain that comes along with the after math I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I wanted so bad to push and couldn’t. But either way I feel you are a mother for carrying and nurturing and delivering your bundles of joy..

• Yuri Valadez

2016-12-29 #70 Author

C-sections are no joke. More power to all women who have to go through with it.

• Marquasia

2016-12-30 #71 Author

We had an c-section and the process moves very quickly. The worst thug about the procedure is the recovery.

• GQ

2016-12-30 #72 Author

The recovery part of c-section is the only bad part about c-section. The problem process of having the baby moves rather quickly .

• Monique

2016-12-30 #73 Author

I have undergone two emergency c-sections and although they were not the planned method of birth, the health of my babies was way more important. If optional I would of definitely had vaginal births but either way they are here, healthy, and loved!

• Faith

2017-01-01 #74 Author

I went through an emergency CS after 16hours of excruciating pain of induction almost 8 weeks ago.The surgery happened so fast but the healing is the uphill task.I only saw my baby while I was drifting to sleep and the scar is in the process of healing.Despite the frequent back pains , my daughter is worthy it all.She’s my princess

• Tynee

2017-01-02 #75 Author

I had 2 C sections very painful especially when its cold outside

• Chinara Kendrick

2017-01-04 #76 Author

This is my first child I had a csection. I felt like I healed fast and good but I probably wasn’t. To me I loved it even tho I did feel that pain after the surgery but not for long. My bf helped me recover everyday from walking yo bathing. I love it BC I didn’t want to feel it vaginally and no I didn’t get to hold my baby right away BC she was preemie an didn’t get any nutrition like she should so I had to have a csection my placenta was bleeding. I loved my bby when I saw her and did the kangaroo bonding thing. I was in nicu everyday until she came home. I thank god for her. Csection mom’s rock!!!

• Tonisha Dean

2017-02-10 #77 Author

I’ve never had a c-section. But I respect all mothers who have. We as women go through so much to bear life inside.

• Jenny

2017-01-05 #78 Author

I had a c-second and it was so painful and the healing process was long too

• Alante Franklin

2017-01-07 #79 Author

I had 2 c sections and 2 natural births without any pain medicine both times and I must admit the c sections were much easier!!

• Alexandra Trezzo

2017-01-10 #80 Author

I had a csection for my 1st kid. Glad i did , i wpuld have been in labor fordays. I healed fastnext dY i was up n walking

• Nika

2017-01-10 #81 Author

After 31 hours of labor the doctor decided I needed an emergency c-section! At first I felt like I did not do my job as mother because I was not able to birth my daughter naturally but now that I look at it I had to go through just as much and the best decision was made in order to bring my beautiful daughter to the world happy and healthy! It’s been 6 weeks and yes I am still recovering but it has not been that bad! I would have another c-section if I ever have another child if it’s not guaranteed that I can have them naturally to avoid another 31 hours or longer labor…that was the worst!

• Galisa franklin

2017-01-12 #82 Author

It’s so true I had to have a emergency c section with my first child after 56 hrs n 49 mins of labor I cried because I wanted to have him natural but the pain after the csection hurted so bad I cried for a week straight with my last three I had a csection an it felt like they got worse then the first one

• Candy mccray

2017-01-13 #83 Author

Never had the chance to experience a c-section and I hope and pray I would never have to after seeing my sister i commend ever woman who has experienced it and are going to experience it

• Tia Sheri Hennings

2017-02-05 #84 Author

I experienced a C-section a day after my birthday which was January 28 , 2017 due to my son heart rate was dropping , nurses running in surgeons was just heartbreaking and scary . I was put to sleep and don’t rent anything , but the pain from a c-section is no JOKE ! It’s painful , barley can walk . I also , had a tube down my throat didn’t know to the next morning I woke up with a sore throat and I asked why my throat was sore and they responded with ” you had a tube down your throat . ” just HELL REALLY ! But me and my son are blessed to be here .

• Jasmine

2017-02-06 #85 Author

I had a c section myself it was horrible I had a seizure and they had to put me immediately to sleep to see me back up so I didn’t even get to meet my son until about 12 hours after delivering him and had to stay in the icu for two days but your baby is a blessing and you should love your scar

• Sharod

2017-02-07 #86 Author

I Know She was Ready For iT To Be All over Glad She Had A Safe Deliver .

• hay naku

2017-02-10 #87 Author

after 72hours Of labor i didn’t expect that i expirience a c section

• Karina

2017-02-10 #88 Author

Yes i feel like this is very true alot of people judge people that had to go through with having a c-section without even knowing why and thats not right 9 times out of 10 its a emergency and you dont have no choice and no control over what is going on i think overall we still come out with the same results of a healthy baby just our bodies heal differently

• Kaneshia

2017-02-15 #89 Author

I had an emergency c section it wasn’t as bad as i thought. Its the recovery thats intense

• Wendy Romero

2017-02-17 #90 Author

I had 3 days of labor pains and my daughter never went down with the cord on her neck and the amniotic fluid was in 4. They had to practice an emergency cesarean, my daughter was about to die. Thank God everything went well and my daughter came to this world 25 days ago.

• Erica Richard

2017-02-21 #91 Author

Smh I had a c section 2 weeks ago because she was faced up and I wasn’t dilating. It was the worst thing ever. The pain was unbearable. There should not be any judging! I went through the pain during labor and after with the recovery process and just because I didn’t push her out doesn’t make me any less of a mother. All of the pain was worth it! Xoxo

• Mpumelelo

2017-02-22 #92 Author

I never wanted a c section but due to some critical problems during my labor I was force to do it and it went well it wasn’t that painful

• Mpumelelo

2017-02-22 #93 Author

I never wanted a c section but due to critical problems during my labor I was forced to do it went well and it wasn’t that painful

• Shelly beacon

2017-02-24 #94 Author

I know the feeling and the pain it was all worth it for my bundle of joy

• Shannel

2017-03-02 #95 Author

I Just Had My Baby Almost 2 Months Ago And Had To Have An Emergency CSection. To Be Honest It Was Bad At All. The Recovering Part Wasn’t That Bad, Yes It Was Painful But It Was Bearable. It Doesn’t Make Me Less Than A Mother. It Makes Me A Strong Mother Who Made A Sacrifice Already. I Would Do It Again Next Time.

• Crystal

2017-03-03 #96 Author

I’ve had a C-SECTION with my son…..The pain was unbearable. They thought they numbed me all the way because I couldn’t feel their hands touching my stomach. But I felt the sharp items cutting me and I also felt when my baby was being pulled out of me….Will I choose to go thru this again? Well once a C-SECTION always a c-section right? I’ll have to experience this all over in September! I thank God for my baby. He was worth the pain. I’m thankful he’s still here with me knowing a Cesarean is the most dangerous delivery method.

• Jasmine

2017-03-03 #97 Author

I had a C-section it was totally worth the pain although my twins didn’t live 😔

• Latrice

2017-04-03 #98 Author

I have just given birth to a beautiful baby girl, 2 weeks ago to be exact. I was in labor for 10 hours before having to go into an emergency C-Section. I cried when I was given this information. I wanted so badly to deliver natural, but for the sake of mine and my child’s life there was nothing else that could be done. My child was, after the C-Section born with a few complications. After 4 days we were both released to go home. My baby is healthy and I’m loving motherhood. “There’s no shame in my C-Section game” 😊

• Domonique

2017-04-12 #99 Author

I had a emergency c section with my first child 3.28.17 .. It was so unexpected & I can not lie I was terrified. The pain after was horrific. 2 weeks after birth & I feel much better. Still recovering though