Women See The 5 Ways to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy Women See The 5 Ways to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy
It was heartburn that got me in the end. I could take the swelling, the back pain, the constant trips to the bathroom, the... Women See The 5 Ways to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy

It was heartburn that got me in the end. I could take the swelling, the back pain, the constant trips to the bathroom, the itchy skin, the fatigue, the sweating, the sleeplessness and even the psychological shock of seeing the scale tip 200 pounds. But the constant, searing pain of heartburn made the miracle of pregnancy seem more like a curse—by the middle of my third trimester, my mantra had changed from “Please, let him be healthy!” to “Just get him OUT!”

That fiery sensation known as heartburn happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a muscle responsible for keeping stomach contents in their place, begins to relax or leak. this allows stomach acids to flow upward into the esophagus, explains Suzanne Trupin, M.D., CEO of Women’s Health Practice of Champaign, Ill.

Pregnant women are prime candidates for two reasons: First, the hormone relaxin—busy limbering up your joints and connective tissue for an easier delivery—slows your digestion, meaning food stays in your stomach longer and triggers more acid production. Second, your growing baby exerts pressure on both the stomach and the LES, increasing the chance that acids will be pushed up into the esophagus.

So what’s an expectant mother to do? Follow these five tips to relieve the pain:

1. Eat Less, More Often
Overeating exacerbates heartburn, says rachel Brandeis, M.S., a registered dietitian in Atlanta who specializes in prenatal nutrition. “When you’re pregnant, there’s less room for your stomach to expand,” she explains. and maintaining a sensible diet will not only stave off heartburn in the short term, but throughout your pregnancy as well, because gaining more than the recommended weight puts more pressure on your abdomen, which can trigger the condition. instead of three meals a day, aim for six mini-meals (See “Mini-Size Me”) of no more than 1½ cups of food each, Brandeis recommends. Smaller meals are easier for your body to digest.

2. Eliminate Trigger Foods
Identify the foods that intensify your heartburn and banish them from your diet. While there are no universally “banned” foods, common heartburn triggers include acidic foods, such as citrus fruits and tomatoes, greasy or fried foods, spicy foods, chocolate, coffee and carbonated beverages and alcohol (which, as you well know, you should eliminate anyway!).

3. Focus on Fluids
“Liquid-y foods are less likely to cause problems than solids, since they move through the stomach more quickly,” Brandeis says. Soups, smoothies, yogurt, milkshakes, protein shakes and puddings are good choices. Look for liquids that offer plenty of protein, such as milk and drinkable yogurt. and aim to make solids a little less so: “chew solid foods slowly and extremely well, until they’re almost liquefied,” Brandeis adds. Make quick and healthy smoothies in a flash at  fitpregnancy.com/smoothies.

4. Sleep Smart
To avoid nighttime heartburn, don’t eat anything for at least three hours before bedtime. Elevate the head of your bed by placing books under the legs, and if you’re not already sleeping on your left side, start now; stomach acids will have to travel uphill to reach the esophagus—no easy feat!

5. Time for Tums
It’s fine to find relief in a bottle of tums or rolaids or other calcium- containing antacids. However, “too much calcium can block iron absorption, so don’t take tums at the same time you take your prenatal vitamin,” Brandeis advises. By the time i gave birth, i estimate i’d ingested my own considerable body weight in tums. This overuse created calcium overload, which may have exacerbated my anemia. acids 10 times a day (or more—as i was), talk to your doctor: she may want to check for ulcers or a hiatal hernia (where part of the stomach protrudes into the chest cavity), or prescribe medication.

Also, avoid antacids that list aluminum (such as aluminum hydroxide or aluminum carbonate) as an ingredient; it can cause constipation and can even be toxic in large doses. remedies containing aspirin (such as alka-seltzer) should also be avoided during pregnancy; look for salicylate or acetylsalicylic acid in ingredients lists. You don’t want an antacid containing sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) or sodium citrate, either. Both are high in sodium, which causes water retention.

Mini-Size Me
Here’s a sample of what a day’s worth of small, healthful meals looks like:

1 cup of oatmeal with nonfat milk and 1 apple

1 cup of yogurt with fruit

½ peanut butter and jelly sandwich and 1 cup of vegetable soup

1 handful of whole-grain crackers and 1 ounce of your favorite hard cheese

2 ounces of chicken, ½ cup of mashed sweet potatoes and ½ cup of cottage cheese with fruit

Find eight more 350-calorie snacks that are easy to make, packed with pregnancy nutrients and delicious fitpregnancy.com/snackideas.

Credit: Rel Facts

winexviv

• mickayla

October 10, 2016 #1 Author

I suffered alot with heartburn throught my first pregnancy and only fresh milk and reenies helped me through. But will defnitly keep this steps in my mind for the future.

• Shalaquies Smith

November 30, 2016 #2 Author

You could use mustered, or have the doctors give you prescriptions for heart burn .. or drink milk

• Shandreia

December 20, 2016 #3 Author

Zantac 150 works real good

• Deondria

December 20, 2016 #4 Author

When I was pregnant I took mustard & tums that seem to work for me I’m not a fan of milk but I’ve heard that worked as well

• Vicky

December 19, 2016 #5 Author

Great tips thanks u guys, wish I would of been known of this.

• Summer

December 30, 2016 #6 Author

Wish I knew some of this when I was pregnant I had a very hard time with heartburn when I was pregnant I was having to take tums daily

• Nia

January 4, 2017 #7 Author

People say if you have heartburn while pregnant it means your child will have a lot of hair, however my sister didn’t have any heartburn & her baby came out with a head full of hair 💕

• Brittany

January 14, 2017 #8 Author

My son would only let me eat captain crunch an tums for heartburn lol

• Teflon williams

January 15, 2017 #9 Author

My Son only let me eat captain crunch

• Trizza Niña P. Bañas

January 16, 2017 #10 Author

When i was in my first pregnancy, i experienced hyperemesis gravidarum on my first trimester, then on the third trimester i experienced this heartburn, also my baby bum was so big that the estimated weight from the ultrasound was 4 kilograms, i used pillows on my back and positioned myself on my left side while sleeping. I did also experienced heartburn again with my 2nd pregnancy where it was a twin pregnancy. And i got a very hard time positioning myself when sleeping.

• Mesha

October 10, 2016 #11 Author

Drink milk !

• Latavia mcquay

November 23, 2016 #12 Author

Wish I would’ve known this! I relied on toms. Ate them candy

• star

December 12, 2016 #13 Author

Very hepful u use to do this all the time and im not a big fan of milk

• Kay jay

January 11, 2017 #14 Author

I suffer from heartburn every day and night! It’s hurts the worst when laying down, my doctor ordered over Zantac which only gave temporary relief!!! I just try to avoid hot foods, onions, peppers, and eating to late.

• Bernard Kwesi Bosomtwi Conduah

October 10, 2016 #15 Author

My wife asking how her heart burns could stop, had no idea but thanks to this post I now know what to do.

• Tiffany

October 10, 2016 #16 Author

yes I literally had this everyday when I were pregnant I wish I had these tips while pregnant the only thing that kind of worked for me or Tums

• Donesha Burns

November 22, 2016 #17 Author

I wish I could have had this when I was pregnant I had heartburn slot it was never a time during my pregnancy that I didn’t have heart burn I had to watch what I ate and everything

• Brittney Marie

October 10, 2016 #18 Author

I wish I would’ve seen this when I was pregnant ? my heartburn was the worst !!

• Cecelia

October 11, 2016 #19 Author

Me personally I drunk lemon water my whole pregnancy I never got it so ??

• Antoinette

November 28, 2016 #20 Author

I also had heartburn during my first pregnancy tums and water were the only thing to help me and my son came out with a head full of hair.

• Hazel

October 11, 2016 #21 Author

I never has any heartburn hopeful if I have any when I fall pregnant I will know what to do 🙂

• Danielle Robinson

October 11, 2016 #22 Author

Me personally I sat up for about 30 mins & drank lots of water.

• Mychaela Henderson

October 12, 2016 #23 Author

I had really bad heartburn with my first pregnancy! Milk did work fast but it aslo wore off fast!

• Deshae Felding

October 12, 2016 #24 Author

Sitting up straight and drinking cold milk helps a lot, avoid drinks with acid!!

• Brandi

October 13, 2016 #25 Author

When I was pregnant with my son I had heartburns a lot I just would eat a teaspoon of yellow mustard it would stop right away.

October 14, 2016 #26 Author

It’s really very difficult in this active life to listen news on TV,
    so I just use internet for that reason, and take the most up-to-date news.

• Antoinette

November 30, 2016 #27 Author

Wrighting poetry and shareing talents are good ways to express yourself.

• Angela salter

October 14, 2016 #28 Author

When I was pregnant with my son an had hart burn I drunk a lot of ? milk

• Monique jones

October 14, 2016 #29 Author

I never really experience heartburn when I was pregnant but when I did for a Lil while I just ate something hot like a piece of hot pickle and drunk some milk and it went away

• Hannah Lyndsey

October 14, 2016 #30 Author

This would have been helpful during my pregnancy.. next time I’ll know!

• Queen Monae Hyler

October 15, 2016 #31 Author

Not everyone whom is pregnant will get heartburn however it’s very likely. In those cases drinking water and straying away from spicy foods are always good ways to prevent heartburn.

• Shabrie Nelson

October 18, 2016 #32 Author

Eat Like One Leamon With a Lil Suger on there , it stop the heartburn and it really work.

• Temilola George

October 18, 2016 #33 Author

Squeeze fresh Lemon into hot water, it will surely help reduce the heart burn

• Sade

October 20, 2016 #34 Author

This is a great post!! Definitely would have helped with my pregnancies! I had heartburn the whole time with almost no relief! Next baby I’ll try the lemon!

• Tamauria Billings

October 22, 2016 #35 Author

TUMS!!!!!!

• Meme

October 25, 2016 #36 Author

I had heart burn almost everyday I was pregnant the only thing that would help was milk n tums

• Cassandra lopez

October 25, 2016 #37 Author

I had heartburn alot wothvmy twins i stopped it by pickle juice

• happy halloween clipart

October 25, 2016 #38 Author

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though
    you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us
    something enlightening to read?

• Kendrica Bowwen

October 27, 2016 #39 Author

I Had Heart Burns Pregnant With My Little Girl . I Drank Pickle Juice To Stop it

• Jalisa. Brown

October 29, 2016 #40 Author

Milk never worked for me it mad it worse … With every meal i had a bottle of cold water and i cut all spicey foods out … The cold water and 2 tums worked wonders!

• Jasmine

October 29, 2016 #41 Author

When I Get A Heart Burn I Take A Tea Spoon Fill It With Mustard And Eat And It Stops In Less Then 1 Minute It Works All The Time For Me

• Krystal

October 31, 2016 #42 Author

If you can tolerate it, drink milk! It helped a lot with my heartburn during my pregnancy as well as trying to stay away from spicy or hot foods (which were also my weakness.)

• Jazeya Kalis

October 31, 2016 #43 Author

I’m currently 38 weeks pregnant and suffer from horrible heartburn. So bad I feel it in my back. Milk and tums seem to work best but i recently tried a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and that worked instantly as well!

• Tierra Yvette

October 31, 2016 #44 Author

OMG! My entire pregnancy was full of heartburn. I’ve tried all remedies from the mustard to milk nothing seemed to help. I used tums like cough drops they were necessities at the time.

• Akiecea

October 31, 2016 #45 Author

Eat Mustard or take Tums!

• Santorya

November 1, 2016 #46 Author

I had heat burns a lot, drinking ice and milk helped me out a whole lot

• Amber l

November 1, 2016 #47 Author

Milk was my best solution for heartburn . It helped most of the time I would recommend this method to moms

• D’Anna Matthews

November 1, 2016 #48 Author

I definitely experienced heartburn during my pregnancy especially at night and my cure was a tablespoon full of mustard. Sounds gross I know but trust me it helped!

• Ashley Gardner

December 21, 2016 #49 Author

Heartburn was horrible for me and the mustard trick really works! It really does sound gross but it works amazingly!

• Jessica Gauvreau

November 1, 2016 #50 Author

Lucky I didn’t have heartburn! But good for future reference!!!

• Natasha White

November 1, 2016 #51 Author

I always just ate a little baking soda ,had terribl3 heart burn with both

• Tiffany Williams

November 2, 2016 #52 Author

I used milk

• Nia

January 4, 2017 #53 Author

• Marjarelle

November 2, 2016 #54 Author

Suck on a peppermint it always helped me

• Martavious

November 3, 2016 #55 Author

I gave my baby mother milk and peppermints and it worked well…

• Shakeyia smith

November 4, 2016 #56 Author

Drinking a cold cup of milk with ice always helped me !!!!

• rahamch

November 5, 2016 #57 Author

I like cold sweet milk just like ice cream

• Sierra

November 8, 2016 #58 Author

Definitely Wish I Would’ve Known Some Of This When I Was Pregnant, I Had The Worst Heart Burn! ??

• Khosa

November 9, 2016 #59 Author

I use to get alot of heart burn but thanks to mail gel it really helps

• Naquesha Curtis

November 10, 2016 #60 Author

I had heartburn bad but I used tums also ate mustard & drinking milk helped me

• Tammy Smith

November 11, 2016 #61 Author

Some helpful tips that worked for me were milk, sitting up in bed, tums and lots of water. Honestly my heartburn lasted until i was in the delivery room ? but hey my baby boy came out with a head full of hair ?.

• Glenerika

November 11, 2016 #62 Author

When I had Heartburn with My pregnancy I Ate and Drank a lot of things and they help -Salty Crackers,Pickle Juice ,Milk A Lemon And a Peppermint But the Lemon is The Top Help one to Me ☺

• Lateesha

November 11, 2016 #63 Author

I drunk milk for my heartburn while pregnant and it really helped me. I would usually get hurt burn once I laid down and before I found out milk helped I would sit up sleep. But these are very good tips to know.

• Hannah Paul

November 15, 2016 #64 Author

I used to experience heartburn quite a lot especially during my last trimester.I used to take some milk and it could ease abit.

• Cristle

November 15, 2016 #65 Author

Luckily I didn’t have heartburn.. this would have been too much lol on top of just being big & pregnant. I was told drinking milk was always helpful.

• Leah

November 16, 2016 #66 Author

I had horrible heartburn when I was pregnant. I wish I would have read this article during my pregnancy!

• Denetra

November 17, 2016 #67 Author

I had heartburns a lot with my second baby & even now. Now I know some things to look out for.

• Jaqulla

November 19, 2016 #68 Author

Where was this when I was pregnant I had heart burn so bad I use to try musturd but it didn’t work at all

• Jaylon

November 19, 2016 #69 Author

Eat mustard or have your doctor give u pills for heartburn or even eat tums

• Donesha Burns

November 22, 2016 #70 Author

I had heartburn daily I had to watch what I ate and everything wish I could’ve know about this but sometimes milk did help and I knew that my daughter was going to have a lot of hair

• Courtney

November 23, 2016 #71 Author

I had terrible heart burn when I was pregnant wish I would have know these things

• Jenna

November 23, 2016 #72 Author

I Had Terrible Heart Burn During My 2nd Pregnancy & I Ate Pop Sicals To Help It .

• Brianna Bender

November 23, 2016 #73 Author

There was nothing I could do to get rid of heartburn with my 3rd child, so after trying all the remedies and suggestions I just built a fort so I could sleep sitting up and kept a bottle of Tums in my purse, that at least made it subside.

• Khadijah

November 23, 2016 #74 Author

Drink plenty of water

• LaTavia McQuay

November 23, 2016 #75 Author

I wish I would’ve read this during my pregnancy. I had hearrbearn so bad. I ate tums like candy!

• Andrea curtis

November 24, 2016 #76 Author

To Be Honest I Drunk Milk When I Was Having Heart Burn && It Helped A lot ?

• Tennille Myers

November 25, 2016 #77 Author

HEARTBURN WAS THE WORST THING I EXPERIENCED DURING MY PREGNANCY

• Ashley

November 25, 2016 #78 Author

I had heart burn every day seemed like, milk was the only thing that worked for me.

• Alrycka

November 25, 2016 #79 Author

I ate a lot of baking soda or I drank cold. It really helped.

• Alrycka

November 25, 2016 #80 Author

I had to intake a lot of baking soda and cold milk

• Ashley

November 25, 2016 #81 Author

I had heart burn every day seems like and milk was the only thing that seemed to help!

• Keekee mason

November 26, 2016 #82 Author

I use to have heartburn really bad doing pregnancy…..I took tums and drunk milk they both helped….

• Tisha

November 27, 2016 #83 Author

It’s crazy I need to read this I’m pregnant with my 3rd child and heartburn has been killing me I never experienced this with my other pregnancy.

• Aaliyah

November 28, 2016 #84 Author

I wish I would’ve known all of these tips during my pregnancy. The only thing that helped me was prescribed medication from my doctor. I will be holding on to this list !

• Anuhimen lewis

November 29, 2016 #85 Author

so so educating. will take my time to educate my wife on it. thanks alot. ladies in the house please learn faster

• Alexis Alexander

November 30, 2016 #86 Author

My heartburns were the worst but I took tums and drunk lots of milk to relieve some of the burning

• Kelly bundy

November 30, 2016 #87 Author

I drank a cup full of milk or ate peppermints when I told my doctor how bad my heart burn was he said to get tums, they worked perfectly for me instant relief ??❤️

• Andrea Jackson

December 1, 2016 #88 Author

try sunflower seeds & fruit it helped me a lot

• Jelishia Mcquay

December 2, 2016 #89 Author

Drink plenty of water and stay away from acidy foods

• Jamie White

December 2, 2016 #90 Author

I drink milk and don’t eat a lay down sit straight up

• Mrs happiness

December 3, 2016 #91 Author

I wish I have been on site durning my pregnancy my heartburns was the worst.

• Courtney

December 7, 2016 #92 Author

This would of been amazing when I was pregnant with twins man because they killed me with heartburn.

• Liyah Fletch

December 7, 2016 #93 Author

Wish I would’ve known this while I was pregnant ! ?

• Sha’Nelle

December 7, 2016 #94 Author

Only thing that triggered my heartburn was marinara sauce. I could literally eat anything else…. my doctor told me to eat ice cream to balance out the acid in my stomach and it helped everytime

• Tempest

December 9, 2016 #95 Author

I didn’t experience heartburn until the very end and yeah I didn’t like it at all. All of those tips above are very helpful, but I had my doctor prescribe me some medicine and I felt way better!

• Abria

December 9, 2016 #96 Author

I never got heartburn during my pregnancy. Thank god . And My Baby had a head full of hair

• Star Morgan

December 10, 2016 #97 Author

I had heartburn really really bad….I had to learn not to eat and lay down at night…milk didn’t help me….I had to take zantac 150 for some relief

• cierra c jones

December 11, 2016 #98 Author

heartburn was the worst for me… I had heart burn every day so I would drink milk to get rid of it..

• Tianna Brooks

December 11, 2016 #99 Author

I wish I would have seen this when I was pregnant with my baby he Gabe me a lot of heart burn

• Audrianna Rogers

December 12, 2016 #100 Author

I should Of been Reading This while I was pregnant with both of my baby’s I had bad heartburn my whole pregnancy I drunk milk and all took tums nothing seems To work

• xyana

December 13, 2016 #101 Author

• GGbroad

December 13, 2016 #102 Author

I wish I knew this when I was pregnant heartburn was a problem

• Shamara Smith

December 13, 2016 #103 Author

I had this almost my entire pregnancy, and I found that baking soda in warm water really helped. Next time around, I’ll try the other suggestions. Ty.

• Tanisha Herbert

December 13, 2016 #104 Author

I wish I would have known this while I was pregnant. I had heartburn my whole pregnancy. 😖

• Neenee Morgan

December 14, 2016 #105 Author

I ate baking soda and drunk milk it really helped me a lot .

• Dericka Glass

December 14, 2016 #106 Author

Everybody said they had heart Burns but I didn’t. They said if you have heart Burns your baby going to have a head full of hair But my baby have a nice amount of hair

• Omotola

December 14, 2016 #107 Author

Wow I never knew that

• abderazzak

December 16, 2016 #108 Author

I never know that

• Tempest

December 19, 2016 #109 Author

This information was ver helpful thanks guys ❤❤

• Venus paul

December 19, 2016 #110 Author

I had heartburn every day whe I was pregnant, I’ll keep this in mind the next time I get pregnant.

• Martina Watson

December 19, 2016 #111 Author

Wow That’s Crazy I Use To HATE Those Things ‘ Well Now I Know Next Time Lol

• Shandreia

December 20, 2016 #112 Author

During my pregnancy I had the worst heartburn nothing worked but Ice cold water And zantac 150

• faith

December 22, 2016 #113 Author

I had terrible heartburn…….wen I asked my grandmother.. She said my daughter probably had a lot of hair….and it turned out to b true😂😂

• Christine

December 24, 2016 #114 Author

One thing that helped me with heartburn was a big glass of milk. It took about 2-3 minutes for it to kick in but when it did I felt great!

• Ansley Bryan

December 25, 2016 #115 Author

My Biggest Thing Was Not Keeping Food Down. Heartburn only bothered me in the beginning. Once I started drinking milk because it was all I could keep down I no longer had heartburn. I did start craving milk A LOT. I could drink a gallon in three days. Drink milk, it helps!!

• Takerea

December 26, 2016 #116 Author

during my pregnancy I had absolutely no heartburn sounds painful

• Brittney Nolan

December 27, 2016 #117 Author

Soda and saltine crackers help before getting out of bed.

• Michelle hiraldo

December 28, 2016 #118 Author

Love this article while I was pregnant I didn’t find how to get rid of them heart burns . I bought the lollipop pops in baby r us to reduce them and it help a little

• NICKI

December 28, 2016 #119 Author

I wish I had seen this while I was pregnant… I had heartburn the whole time… The old folks say, it will case your baby to have a lot of hair.. 🙃🙃🙃

• Danielle Hunter

December 29, 2016 #120 Author

Some if these tips I had heard of wish I woulda known about them earlier

• Terrica Johnson

December 30, 2016 #121 Author

Wish I knew about this

• Dominique hardwrict

December 31, 2016 #122 Author

I never had heart burn doing pregnancy so I really don’t knoe how it feel

• Kenzja Toombs

December 31, 2016 #123 Author

When I was pregnant I was told mustard worked for heartburns but with me it didn’t

• Shakyia Thompson

January 2, 2017 #124 Author

I had the worst heartburn ever while being pregnant.

• Ujunwa

January 3, 2017 #125 Author

Your comment,wen I was pregnant I do have heartburn but I used gascoil and it worked for me

• Hannah

January 3, 2017 #126 Author

I had terrible heartburn milk was the only thing that helped even though only temporarily.

• Bria

January 4, 2017 #127 Author

I had NO heartburn when i was prego

• Nia

January 4, 2017 #128 Author

• Stephanie Murphy

January 4, 2017 #129 Author

I suffered a lot with heartburn when I was pregnant as first time mother a lot of people always told me to eat spoon of mustard didn’t work for me. A cold glass of milk is what helped me best but heartburn was worth it my daughter Taylor came out with a head full of hair.

• Dominique

January 5, 2017 #130 Author

These was some very helpful tips! I had heartburn real bad with my last pregnancy…

• Nyeisha

January 6, 2017 #131 Author

These was some good ways to show u how to reduce heart burn

• Mel Denise

January 7, 2017 #132 Author

I suffered from major heartburn during pregnancy. Drinking milk always worked for me.

• Crystal

January 8, 2017 #133 Author

I had horrible heartburn all throughout my pregnancy… only thing that helped me was Zantac!

• Ebony

January 8, 2017 #134 Author

I didn’t suffer horribly from heartburn during my pregnancy, when I did it ducked! I can only remember about 5 days maybe total during the whole nine months that I had it. It didn’t come until the end of my pregnancy and I only felt it when I was lying down.

• Ruthann thomas

January 9, 2017 #135 Author

These tips really do work! When I was pregnant I really didn’t get heartburn till the last month, but that’s mostly because I strayed away from my strict healthy eating. Stay a way from fried foods, and tomatoes. Fruit and water are your best friends. Also portion control and you should have a pretty calm pregnancy. Good luck to you all who are experiencing it.

• Anna

January 10, 2017 #136 Author

I wish I seen this when I was pregnant! I had heartburn usually at night while pregnant. It would have me up all the time. These tips would have been a huge help.

• Amber Wanamaker

January 10, 2017 #137 Author

Definitely wish I would have know this !! Great tips.

• Johniqua Johnson

January 11, 2017 #138 Author

I used to drink a tablespoon of vinegar.

• Justice lavender

January 11, 2017 #139 Author

I had heart burn the whole time I was pregnant I couldn’t eat anything dairy cause I would throw it up so seem like I suffered the whole time

• Kay jay

January 11, 2017 #140 Author

• Stefany Gutierrez

January 16, 2017 #141 Author

Great tips thanks u guys, wish I would of been known of this.

• Kristen

January 16, 2017 #142 Author

Heartburn usually only bothered me at night time when I laid down & milk was the only thing that would help! Chocolate milk of course. Wish I knew some of these tips though cuz milk wasn’t always in the house

• Elexia Brown

January 16, 2017 #143 Author

Really wish I would’ve read this article while I was pregnant 😩

• Damien Scott

January 16, 2017 #144 Author

My Fiance Experienced a lot of heartburn. Lemons and ice often help or simply drinking cold water and laying down afterwards helped as well.

• Meemee

January 17, 2017 #145 Author

When You Have Heartburn Does That Effect The Baby And Any Kind Of Way

• Sonya meadows

January 20, 2017 #146 Author

My grandmother told me when you have heartburn your baby will have lots of hair and both my boys do but tums worked for me wonderful and not a lot of greasy acidy food

• Nikki Jones

January 20, 2017 #147 Author

I just had a baby on December 1 2016 and I did everything in my pregnancy to prevent heartburn ! NOTHING WORKS! You literally have to let it run its course ! A lot of people told me that my baby would have a lot of hair and I didn’t believe because I didn’t feel that had nothing to do with her hair . . But now I second guess it because my baby came out with so much hair , that’s all people talk about! So heartburn might be a good sign for mothers who doesn’t want to have a bald baby 😘

• Kaylea Thornell

January 20, 2017 #148 Author

I wish I saw this article when I was pregnant!!! I dealt with a LOT of heart burn. But it was worth it 🙂