Women See The 5 Ways to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy Women See The 5 Ways to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy
It was heartburn that got me in the end. I could take the swelling, the back pain, the constant trips to the bathroom, the... Women See The 5 Ways to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy

It was heartburn that got me in the end. I could take the swelling, the back pain, the constant trips to the bathroom, the itchy skin, the fatigue, the sweating, the sleeplessness and even the psychological shock of seeing the scale tip 200 pounds. But the constant, searing pain of heartburn made the miracle of pregnancy seem more like a curse—by the middle of my third trimester, my mantra had changed from “Please, let him be healthy!” to “Just get him OUT!”

That fiery sensation known as heartburn happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a muscle responsible for keeping stomach contents in their place, begins to relax or leak. this allows stomach acids to flow upward into the esophagus, explains Suzanne Trupin, M.D., CEO of Women’s Health Practice of Champaign, Ill.

Pregnant women are prime candidates for two reasons: First, the hormone relaxin—busy limbering up your joints and connective tissue for an easier delivery—slows your digestion, meaning food stays in your stomach longer and triggers more acid production. Second, your growing baby exerts pressure on both the stomach and the LES, increasing the chance that acids will be pushed up into the esophagus.

So what’s an expectant mother to do? Follow these five tips to relieve the pain:

1. Eat Less, More Often
Overeating exacerbates heartburn, says rachel Brandeis, M.S., a registered dietitian in Atlanta who specializes in prenatal nutrition. “When you’re pregnant, there’s less room for your stomach to expand,” she explains. and maintaining a sensible diet will not only stave off heartburn in the short term, but throughout your pregnancy as well, because gaining more than the recommended weight puts more pressure on your abdomen, which can trigger the condition. instead of three meals a day, aim for six mini-meals (See “Mini-Size Me”) of no more than 1½ cups of food each, Brandeis recommends. Smaller meals are easier for your body to digest.

2. Eliminate Trigger Foods
Identify the foods that intensify your heartburn and banish them from your diet. While there are no universally “banned” foods, common heartburn triggers include acidic foods, such as citrus fruits and tomatoes, greasy or fried foods, spicy foods, chocolate, coffee and carbonated beverages and alcohol (which, as you well know, you should eliminate anyway!).

3. Focus on Fluids
“Liquid-y foods are less likely to cause problems than solids, since they move through the stomach more quickly,” Brandeis says. Soups, smoothies, yogurt, milkshakes, protein shakes and puddings are good choices. Look for liquids that offer plenty of protein, such as milk and drinkable yogurt. and aim to make solids a little less so: “chew solid foods slowly and extremely well, until they’re almost liquefied,” Brandeis adds. Make quick and healthy smoothies in a flash at  fitpregnancy.com/smoothies.

4. Sleep Smart
To avoid nighttime heartburn, don’t eat anything for at least three hours before bedtime. Elevate the head of your bed by placing books under the legs, and if you’re not already sleeping on your left side, start now; stomach acids will have to travel uphill to reach the esophagus—no easy feat!

5. Time for Tums
It’s fine to find relief in a bottle of tums or rolaids or other calcium- containing antacids. However, “too much calcium can block iron absorption, so don’t take tums at the same time you take your prenatal vitamin,” Brandeis advises. By the time i gave birth, i estimate i’d ingested my own considerable body weight in tums. This overuse created calcium overload, which may have exacerbated my anemia. acids 10 times a day (or more—as i was), talk to your doctor: she may want to check for ulcers or a hiatal hernia (where part of the stomach protrudes into the chest cavity), or prescribe medication.

Also, avoid antacids that list aluminum (such as aluminum hydroxide or aluminum carbonate) as an ingredient; it can cause constipation and can even be toxic in large doses. remedies containing aspirin (such as alka-seltzer) should also be avoided during pregnancy; look for salicylate or acetylsalicylic acid in ingredients lists. You don’t want an antacid containing sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) or sodium citrate, either. Both are high in sodium, which causes water retention.

Mini-Size Me
Here’s a sample of what a day’s worth of small, healthful meals looks like:

1 cup of oatmeal with nonfat milk and 1 apple

1 cup of yogurt with fruit

½ peanut butter and jelly sandwich and 1 cup of vegetable soup

1 handful of whole-grain crackers and 1 ounce of your favorite hard cheese

2 ounces of chicken, ½ cup of mashed sweet potatoes and ½ cup of cottage cheese with fruit

Find eight more 350-calorie snacks that are easy to make, packed with pregnancy nutrients and delicious fitpregnancy.com/snackideas.

Credit: Rel Facts

winexviv

• mickayla

2016-10-10 #1 Author

I suffered alot with heartburn throught my first pregnancy and only fresh milk and reenies helped me through. But will defnitly keep this steps in my mind for the future.

• Shalaquies Smith

2016-11-30 #2 Author

You could use mustered, or have the doctors give you prescriptions for heart burn .. or drink milk

• Shandreia

2016-12-20 #3 Author

Zantac 150 works real good

• Deondria

2016-12-20 #4 Author

When I was pregnant I took mustard & tums that seem to work for me I’m not a fan of milk but I’ve heard that worked as well

• Vicky

2016-12-19 #5 Author

Great tips thanks u guys, wish I would of been known of this.

• Summer

2016-12-30 #6 Author

Wish I knew some of this when I was pregnant I had a very hard time with heartburn when I was pregnant I was having to take tums daily

• Kanovia battle

2017-02-11 #7 Author

I had heart burns to when i was pregnant i had to take tums everynight

• Nia

2017-01-04 #8 Author

People say if you have heartburn while pregnant it means your child will have a lot of hair, however my sister didn’t have any heartburn & her baby came out with a head full of hair ?

• Brittany

2017-01-14 #9 Author

My son would only let me eat captain crunch an tums for heartburn lol

• Teflon williams

2017-01-15 #10 Author

My Son only let me eat captain crunch

• Trizza Niña P. Bañas

2017-01-16 #11 Author

When i was in my first pregnancy, i experienced hyperemesis gravidarum on my first trimester, then on the third trimester i experienced this heartburn, also my baby bum was so big that the estimated weight from the ultrasound was 4 kilograms, i used pillows on my back and positioned myself on my left side while sleeping. I did also experienced heartburn again with my 2nd pregnancy where it was a twin pregnancy. And i got a very hard time positioning myself when sleeping.

• Dyesha

2017-02-15 #12 Author

Same here fresh milk helped mine

• Carlyssa Ford

2017-03-02 #13 Author

When you go to the doctor ask your doctor about heart burn he will give you some medication for it ,

• Chakerria

2017-02-22 #14 Author

My granny always gave me a tablespoon of mustard and it did the trick!

• Joniequa Riley

2017-02-23 #15 Author

I used baking soda even started to crave the taste of it but it worked

• Niyah

2017-02-23 #16 Author

Drink more water

• Jessica Tolliver

2017-04-03 #17 Author

Yes this is a very helpful tip

• Mesha

2016-10-10 #18 Author

Drink milk !

• Latavia mcquay

2016-11-23 #19 Author

Wish I would’ve known this! I relied on toms. Ate them candy

• star

2016-12-12 #20 Author

Very hepful u use to do this all the time and im not a big fan of milk

• Kay jay

2017-01-11 #21 Author

I suffer from heartburn every day and night! It’s hurts the worst when laying down, my doctor ordered over Zantac which only gave temporary relief!!! I just try to avoid hot foods, onions, peppers, and eating to late.

• Bernard Kwesi Bosomtwi Conduah

2016-10-10 #22 Author

My wife asking how her heart burns could stop, had no idea but thanks to this post I now know what to do.

• Tiffany

2016-10-10 #23 Author

yes I literally had this everyday when I were pregnant I wish I had these tips while pregnant the only thing that kind of worked for me or Tums

• Donesha Burns

2016-11-22 #24 Author

I wish I could have had this when I was pregnant I had heartburn slot it was never a time during my pregnancy that I didn’t have heart burn I had to watch what I ate and everything

• Ria

2017-02-18 #25 Author

It’s seemed as if I could not avoid heartburn despite what I ate or how often

• Billie

2017-03-05 #26 Author

Both of mine had head full of hair. Thankfully I never had any problems with heartburn.

• Brittney Marie

2016-10-10 #27 Author

I wish I would’ve seen this when I was pregnant ? my heartburn was the worst !!

• Cecelia

2016-10-11 #28 Author

Me personally I drunk lemon water my whole pregnancy I never got it so ??

• Antoinette

2016-11-28 #29 Author

I also had heartburn during my first pregnancy tums and water were the only thing to help me and my son came out with a head full of hair.

• Hazel

2016-10-11 #30 Author

I never has any heartburn hopeful if I have any when I fall pregnant I will know what to do 🙂

• Danielle Robinson

2016-10-11 #31 Author

Me personally I sat up for about 30 mins & drank lots of water.

• Mychaela Henderson

2016-10-12 #32 Author

I had really bad heartburn with my first pregnancy! Milk did work fast but it aslo wore off fast!

• Deshae Felding

2016-10-12 #33 Author

Sitting up straight and drinking cold milk helps a lot, avoid drinks with acid!!

• Brandi

2016-10-13 #34 Author

When I was pregnant with my son I had heartburns a lot I just would eat a teaspoon of yellow mustard it would stop right away.

2016-10-14 #35 Author

It’s really very difficult in this active life to listen news on TV,
    so I just use internet for that reason, and take the most up-to-date news.

• Antoinette

2016-11-30 #36 Author

Wrighting poetry and shareing talents are good ways to express yourself.

• Angela salter

2016-10-14 #37 Author

When I was pregnant with my son an had hart burn I drunk a lot of ? milk

• Monique jones

2016-10-14 #38 Author

I never really experience heartburn when I was pregnant but when I did for a Lil while I just ate something hot like a piece of hot pickle and drunk some milk and it went away

• Hannah Lyndsey

2016-10-14 #39 Author

This would have been helpful during my pregnancy.. next time I’ll know!

• Queen Monae Hyler

2016-10-15 #40 Author

Not everyone whom is pregnant will get heartburn however it’s very likely. In those cases drinking water and straying away from spicy foods are always good ways to prevent heartburn.

• Shabrie Nelson

2016-10-18 #41 Author

Eat Like One Leamon With a Lil Suger on there , it stop the heartburn and it really work.

• Temilola George

2016-10-18 #42 Author

Squeeze fresh Lemon into hot water, it will surely help reduce the heart burn

• Sade

2016-10-20 #43 Author

This is a great post!! Definitely would have helped with my pregnancies! I had heartburn the whole time with almost no relief! Next baby I’ll try the lemon!

• Tamauria Billings

2016-10-22 #44 Author

TUMS!!!!!!

• Meme

2016-10-25 #45 Author

I had heart burn almost everyday I was pregnant the only thing that would help was milk n tums

• Brianna

2017-02-21 #46 Author

When I was pregnant I had a ton of heartburn , the saying is that means baby has a lot of hair. That was true for me

• Cassandra lopez

2016-10-25 #47 Author

I had heartburn alot wothvmy twins i stopped it by pickle juice

• happy halloween clipart

2016-10-25 #48 Author

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though
    you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us
    something enlightening to read?

• Kendrica Bowwen

2016-10-27 #49 Author

I Had Heart Burns Pregnant With My Little Girl . I Drank Pickle Juice To Stop it

• Jalisa. Brown

2016-10-29 #50 Author

Milk never worked for me it mad it worse … With every meal i had a bottle of cold water and i cut all spicey foods out … The cold water and 2 tums worked wonders!

• Jasmine

2016-10-29 #51 Author

When I Get A Heart Burn I Take A Tea Spoon Fill It With Mustard And Eat And It Stops In Less Then 1 Minute It Works All The Time For Me

• Krystal

2016-10-31 #52 Author

If you can tolerate it, drink milk! It helped a lot with my heartburn during my pregnancy as well as trying to stay away from spicy or hot foods (which were also my weakness.)

• Jazeya Kalis

2016-10-31 #53 Author

I’m currently 38 weeks pregnant and suffer from horrible heartburn. So bad I feel it in my back. Milk and tums seem to work best but i recently tried a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and that worked instantly as well!

• Tierra Yvette

2016-10-31 #54 Author

OMG! My entire pregnancy was full of heartburn. I’ve tried all remedies from the mustard to milk nothing seemed to help. I used tums like cough drops they were necessities at the time.

• Akiecea

2016-10-31 #55 Author

Eat Mustard or take Tums!

• Santorya

2016-11-01 #56 Author

I had heat burns a lot, drinking ice and milk helped me out a whole lot

• Amber l

2016-11-01 #57 Author

Milk was my best solution for heartburn . It helped most of the time I would recommend this method to moms

• D’Anna Matthews

2016-11-01 #58 Author

I definitely experienced heartburn during my pregnancy especially at night and my cure was a tablespoon full of mustard. Sounds gross I know but trust me it helped!

• Ashley Gardner

2016-12-21 #59 Author

Heartburn was horrible for me and the mustard trick really works! It really does sound gross but it works amazingly!

• Jessica Gauvreau

2016-11-01 #60 Author

Lucky I didn’t have heartburn! But good for future reference!!!

• Natasha White

2016-11-01 #61 Author

I always just ate a little baking soda ,had terribl3 heart burn with both

• Tiffany Williams

2016-11-02 #62 Author

I used milk

• Nia

2017-01-04 #63 Author

• Marjarelle

2016-11-02 #64 Author

Suck on a peppermint it always helped me

• Martavious

2016-11-03 #65 Author

I gave my baby mother milk and peppermints and it worked well…

• Shakeyia smith

2016-11-04 #66 Author

Drinking a cold cup of milk with ice always helped me !!!!

• rahamch

2016-11-05 #67 Author

I like cold sweet milk just like ice cream

• Sierra

2016-11-08 #68 Author

Definitely Wish I Would’ve Known Some Of This When I Was Pregnant, I Had The Worst Heart Burn! ??

• Khosa

2016-11-09 #69 Author

I use to get alot of heart burn but thanks to mail gel it really helps

• Naquesha Curtis

2016-11-10 #70 Author

I had heartburn bad but I used tums also ate mustard & drinking milk helped me

• Tammy Smith

2016-11-11 #71 Author

Some helpful tips that worked for me were milk, sitting up in bed, tums and lots of water. Honestly my heartburn lasted until i was in the delivery room ? but hey my baby boy came out with a head full of hair ?.

• Glenerika

2016-11-11 #72 Author

When I had Heartburn with My pregnancy I Ate and Drank a lot of things and they help -Salty Crackers,Pickle Juice ,Milk A Lemon And a Peppermint But the Lemon is The Top Help one to Me ☺

• Lateesha

2016-11-11 #73 Author

I drunk milk for my heartburn while pregnant and it really helped me. I would usually get hurt burn once I laid down and before I found out milk helped I would sit up sleep. But these are very good tips to know.

• Hannah Paul

2016-11-15 #74 Author

I used to experience heartburn quite a lot especially during my last trimester.I used to take some milk and it could ease abit.

• Cristle

2016-11-15 #75 Author

Luckily I didn’t have heartburn.. this would have been too much lol on top of just being big & pregnant. I was told drinking milk was always helpful.

• Leah

2016-11-16 #76 Author

I had horrible heartburn when I was pregnant. I wish I would have read this article during my pregnancy!

• Denetra

2016-11-17 #77 Author

I had heartburns a lot with my second baby & even now. Now I know some things to look out for.

• Jaqulla

2016-11-19 #78 Author

Where was this when I was pregnant I had heart burn so bad I use to try musturd but it didn’t work at all

• Jaylon

2016-11-19 #79 Author

Eat mustard or have your doctor give u pills for heartburn or even eat tums

• Donesha Burns

2016-11-22 #80 Author

I had heartburn daily I had to watch what I ate and everything wish I could’ve know about this but sometimes milk did help and I knew that my daughter was going to have a lot of hair

• Courtney

2016-11-23 #81 Author

I had terrible heart burn when I was pregnant wish I would have know these things

• Jenna

2016-11-23 #82 Author

I Had Terrible Heart Burn During My 2nd Pregnancy & I Ate Pop Sicals To Help It .

• Brianna Bender

2016-11-23 #83 Author

There was nothing I could do to get rid of heartburn with my 3rd child, so after trying all the remedies and suggestions I just built a fort so I could sleep sitting up and kept a bottle of Tums in my purse, that at least made it subside.

• Khadijah

2016-11-23 #84 Author

Drink plenty of water

• LaTavia McQuay

2016-11-23 #85 Author

I wish I would’ve read this during my pregnancy. I had hearrbearn so bad. I ate tums like candy!

• Andrea curtis

2016-11-24 #86 Author

To Be Honest I Drunk Milk When I Was Having Heart Burn && It Helped A lot ?

• Jamaya

2017-02-12 #87 Author

I never really had heart burns when I pregnant but I’ve heard that drinking milk helps.

• Tennille Myers

2016-11-25 #88 Author

HEARTBURN WAS THE WORST THING I EXPERIENCED DURING MY PREGNANCY

• Ashley

2016-11-25 #89 Author

I had heart burn every day seemed like, milk was the only thing that worked for me.

• Alrycka

2016-11-25 #90 Author

I ate a lot of baking soda or I drank cold. It really helped.

• Alrycka

2016-11-25 #91 Author

I had to intake a lot of baking soda and cold milk

• Ashley

2016-11-25 #92 Author

I had heart burn every day seems like and milk was the only thing that seemed to help!

• Keekee mason

2016-11-26 #93 Author

I use to have heartburn really bad doing pregnancy…..I took tums and drunk milk they both helped….

• Tisha

2016-11-27 #94 Author

It’s crazy I need to read this I’m pregnant with my 3rd child and heartburn has been killing me I never experienced this with my other pregnancy.

• Aaliyah

2016-11-28 #95 Author

I wish I would’ve known all of these tips during my pregnancy. The only thing that helped me was prescribed medication from my doctor. I will be holding on to this list !

• Anuhimen lewis

2016-11-29 #96 Author

so so educating. will take my time to educate my wife on it. thanks alot. ladies in the house please learn faster

• Alexis Alexander

2016-11-30 #97 Author

My heartburns were the worst but I took tums and drunk lots of milk to relieve some of the burning

• Kelly bundy

2016-11-30 #98 Author

I drank a cup full of milk or ate peppermints when I told my doctor how bad my heart burn was he said to get tums, they worked perfectly for me instant relief ??❤️

• Andrea Jackson

2016-12-01 #99 Author

try sunflower seeds & fruit it helped me a lot

• Jelishia Mcquay

2016-12-02 #100 Author

Drink plenty of water and stay away from acidy foods

• Jamie White

2016-12-02 #101 Author

I drink milk and don’t eat a lay down sit straight up

• Mrs happiness

2016-12-03 #102 Author

I wish I have been on site durning my pregnancy my heartburns was the worst.

• Courtney

2016-12-07 #103 Author

This would of been amazing when I was pregnant with twins man because they killed me with heartburn.

• Liyah Fletch

2016-12-07 #104 Author

Wish I would’ve known this while I was pregnant ! ?

• Sha’Nelle

2016-12-07 #105 Author

Only thing that triggered my heartburn was marinara sauce. I could literally eat anything else…. my doctor told me to eat ice cream to balance out the acid in my stomach and it helped everytime

• Tempest

2016-12-09 #106 Author

I didn’t experience heartburn until the very end and yeah I didn’t like it at all. All of those tips above are very helpful, but I had my doctor prescribe me some medicine and I felt way better!

• Abria

2016-12-09 #107 Author

I never got heartburn during my pregnancy. Thank god . And My Baby had a head full of hair

• Star Morgan

2016-12-10 #108 Author

I had heartburn really really bad….I had to learn not to eat and lay down at night…milk didn’t help me….I had to take zantac 150 for some relief

• cierra c jones

2016-12-11 #109 Author

heartburn was the worst for me… I had heart burn every day so I would drink milk to get rid of it..

• Tianna Brooks

2016-12-11 #110 Author

I wish I would have seen this when I was pregnant with my baby he Gabe me a lot of heart burn

• Audrianna Rogers

2016-12-12 #111 Author

I should Of been Reading This while I was pregnant with both of my baby’s I had bad heartburn my whole pregnancy I drunk milk and all took tums nothing seems To work

• xyana

2016-12-13 #112 Author

• GGbroad

2016-12-13 #113 Author

I wish I knew this when I was pregnant heartburn was a problem

• Shamara Smith

2016-12-13 #114 Author

I had this almost my entire pregnancy, and I found that baking soda in warm water really helped. Next time around, I’ll try the other suggestions. Ty.

• Tanisha Herbert

2016-12-13 #115 Author

I wish I would have known this while I was pregnant. I had heartburn my whole pregnancy. ?

• Neenee Morgan

2016-12-14 #116 Author

I ate baking soda and drunk milk it really helped me a lot .

• Dericka Glass

2016-12-14 #117 Author

Everybody said they had heart Burns but I didn’t. They said if you have heart Burns your baby going to have a head full of hair But my baby have a nice amount of hair

• Omotola

2016-12-14 #118 Author

Wow I never knew that

• abderazzak

2016-12-16 #119 Author

I never know that

• Tempest

2016-12-19 #120 Author

This information was ver helpful thanks guys ❤❤

• Venus paul

2016-12-19 #121 Author

I had heartburn every day whe I was pregnant, I’ll keep this in mind the next time I get pregnant.

• Martina Watson

2016-12-19 #122 Author

Wow That’s Crazy I Use To HATE Those Things ‘ Well Now I Know Next Time Lol

• Shandreia

2016-12-20 #123 Author

During my pregnancy I had the worst heartburn nothing worked but Ice cold water And zantac 150

• faith

2016-12-22 #124 Author

I had terrible heartburn…….wen I asked my grandmother.. She said my daughter probably had a lot of hair….and it turned out to b true??

• Christine

2016-12-24 #125 Author

One thing that helped me with heartburn was a big glass of milk. It took about 2-3 minutes for it to kick in but when it did I felt great!

• Ansley Bryan

2016-12-25 #126 Author

My Biggest Thing Was Not Keeping Food Down. Heartburn only bothered me in the beginning. Once I started drinking milk because it was all I could keep down I no longer had heartburn. I did start craving milk A LOT. I could drink a gallon in three days. Drink milk, it helps!!

• Takerea

2016-12-26 #127 Author

during my pregnancy I had absolutely no heartburn sounds painful

• Brittney Nolan

2016-12-27 #128 Author

Soda and saltine crackers help before getting out of bed.

• Michelle hiraldo

2016-12-28 #129 Author

Love this article while I was pregnant I didn’t find how to get rid of them heart burns . I bought the lollipop pops in baby r us to reduce them and it help a little

• NICKI

2016-12-28 #130 Author

I wish I had seen this while I was pregnant… I had heartburn the whole time… The old folks say, it will case your baby to have a lot of hair.. ???

• Danielle Hunter

2016-12-29 #131 Author

Some if these tips I had heard of wish I woulda known about them earlier

• Terrica Johnson

2016-12-30 #132 Author

Wish I knew about this

• Dominique hardwrict

2016-12-31 #133 Author

I never had heart burn doing pregnancy so I really don’t knoe how it feel

• Kenzja Toombs

2016-12-31 #134 Author

When I was pregnant I was told mustard worked for heartburns but with me it didn’t

• Shakyia Thompson

2017-01-02 #135 Author

I had the worst heartburn ever while being pregnant.

• Ujunwa

2017-01-03 #136 Author

Your comment,wen I was pregnant I do have heartburn but I used gascoil and it worked for me

• Hannah

2017-01-03 #137 Author

I had terrible heartburn milk was the only thing that helped even though only temporarily.

• Bria

2017-01-04 #138 Author

I had NO heartburn when i was prego

• Nia

2017-01-04 #139 Author

• Stephanie Murphy

2017-01-04 #140 Author

I suffered a lot with heartburn when I was pregnant as first time mother a lot of people always told me to eat spoon of mustard didn’t work for me. A cold glass of milk is what helped me best but heartburn was worth it my daughter Taylor came out with a head full of hair.

• Dominique

2017-01-05 #141 Author

These was some very helpful tips! I had heartburn real bad with my last pregnancy…

• Princess simpson

2017-02-22 #142 Author

When I use to have heartburn all the time the people at the wic office would tell me to eat ice or an orange it helped a lot

• Nyeisha

2017-01-06 #143 Author

These was some good ways to show u how to reduce heart burn

• Mel Denise

2017-01-07 #144 Author

I suffered from major heartburn during pregnancy. Drinking milk always worked for me.

• Crystal

2017-01-08 #145 Author

I had horrible heartburn all throughout my pregnancy… only thing that helped me was Zantac!

• Ebony

2017-01-08 #146 Author

I didn’t suffer horribly from heartburn during my pregnancy, when I did it ducked! I can only remember about 5 days maybe total during the whole nine months that I had it. It didn’t come until the end of my pregnancy and I only felt it when I was lying down.

• Ruthann thomas

2017-01-09 #147 Author

These tips really do work! When I was pregnant I really didn’t get heartburn till the last month, but that’s mostly because I strayed away from my strict healthy eating. Stay a way from fried foods, and tomatoes. Fruit and water are your best friends. Also portion control and you should have a pretty calm pregnancy. Good luck to you all who are experiencing it.

• Anna

2017-01-10 #148 Author

I wish I seen this when I was pregnant! I had heartburn usually at night while pregnant. It would have me up all the time. These tips would have been a huge help.

• Amber Wanamaker

2017-01-10 #149 Author

Definitely wish I would have know this !! Great tips.

• Johniqua Johnson

2017-01-11 #150 Author

I used to drink a tablespoon of vinegar.

• Justice lavender

2017-01-11 #151 Author

I had heart burn the whole time I was pregnant I couldn’t eat anything dairy cause I would throw it up so seem like I suffered the whole time

• Kay jay

2017-01-11 #152 Author

• Stefany Gutierrez

2017-01-16 #153 Author

Great tips thanks u guys, wish I would of been known of this.

• Kristen

2017-01-16 #154 Author

Heartburn usually only bothered me at night time when I laid down & milk was the only thing that would help! Chocolate milk of course. Wish I knew some of these tips though cuz milk wasn’t always in the house

• Elexia Brown

2017-01-16 #155 Author

Really wish I would’ve read this article while I was pregnant ?

• Damien Scott

2017-01-16 #156 Author

My Fiance Experienced a lot of heartburn. Lemons and ice often help or simply drinking cold water and laying down afterwards helped as well.

• Meemee

2017-01-17 #157 Author

When You Have Heartburn Does That Effect The Baby And Any Kind Of Way

• Sonya meadows

2017-01-20 #158 Author

My grandmother told me when you have heartburn your baby will have lots of hair and both my boys do but tums worked for me wonderful and not a lot of greasy acidy food

• Nikki Jones

2017-01-20 #159 Author

I just had a baby on December 1 2016 and I did everything in my pregnancy to prevent heartburn ! NOTHING WORKS! You literally have to let it run its course ! A lot of people told me that my baby would have a lot of hair and I didn’t believe because I didn’t feel that had nothing to do with her hair . . But now I second guess it because my baby came out with so much hair , that’s all people talk about! So heartburn might be a good sign for mothers who doesn’t want to have a bald baby ?

• Kaylea Thornell

2017-01-20 #160 Author

I wish I saw this article when I was pregnant!!! I dealt with a LOT of heart burn. But it was worth it 🙂

• Mampho anitta nkomo

2017-01-26 #161 Author

Ooh yah Heartburn I don’t wish to be pregnant again due to that

Only if I Knw abt this app It was going to help me

• Skye

2017-01-28 #162 Author

Zantac was all that gave me any relief! Also laying on my left side seemed to help

• Kiffany Joned

2017-01-30 #163 Author

I wish i wouldve seen this before hand. Great tips

• Kiffany Jones

2017-01-30 #164 Author

I wish i wouldve seen this before hand. Very helpful tips

• Success d’actualizer

2017-02-02 #165 Author

Great info…. Nice one

• Success d’actualizer

2017-02-02 #166 Author

Nice tips

• Mpho Radebe

2017-02-02 #167 Author

During pregnancy try to avoid spicy, rich, fatty and fried foods and anything that triggers your symptom.
    Even sugar, tea and coffee may also make your heartburn worse so try to avoid to things and enjoy your pregnancy.

• Kesha Denise

2017-02-02 #168 Author

Great choice of small meals . Wish I would have knew that 1st

• Tyra

2017-02-04 #169 Author

Good info. Wish I had these tips when I was pregnant with my son. It was the worse!

• Selena

2017-02-06 #170 Author

Great tips thanks u guys, wish I would of been known of this

• Akina E

2017-02-06 #171 Author

I wish I would’ve had this when I was pregnant! I suffered terribly, nothing would help me !

• Earyn

2017-02-08 #172 Author

Great tip ! I wish I would have known this but now I can tell my sister .

• Nihmath abi

2017-02-09 #173 Author

Very good advice… Me also suffer heartburn…

• Escarly

2017-02-11 #174 Author

Good advice! I use to suffer heartburn. Nothing bueno.

• Melody

2017-02-11 #175 Author

Great tips! Wish I would’ve know this when I was pregnant, I had the worst heartburn!!

• Lorena

2017-02-11 #176 Author

I wish I knew this when I was pregnant.

• Cecily

2017-02-12 #177 Author

A hot glass of ginger tea, worked magic for me. You can find it at GNC, it’s Prince of Peace Ent., Inc.® Ginger Honey Crystals.

• Tia Young

2017-02-13 #178 Author

The mistake I made was drinking water, thinking it would help heartburn when I was pregnant. My doctor told me at that point anything including water can turn acidic due to your stomach natural acid. My advise dont over eat or drink. Don’t consume anything 2 hours before laying down.

• Ariel

2017-02-13 #179 Author

Wow i have never had heartburn before even when I was pregnant even tho it said it’ll make your child’s hair grow but by half the stuff you are taking to stop I wouldn’t want it period.

• Pedra

2017-02-13 #180 Author

Good advice!Gosh I wish I knew some of this when I was pregnant.

• Dyesha

2017-02-15 #181 Author

Same here fresh milk helped mine

• Nancy

2017-02-16 #182 Author

I had heartburn while pregnant. I avoided fatty foods and acidic foods. Good advice there, I wish I knew more while pregnant

• Passion Johnson

2017-02-17 #183 Author

I had heartburn ‘ a lot every one had different ideas ‘ one was drinking warm milk ‘ that helped me a lot

• Anna

2017-02-17 #184 Author

When I got into my third trimester I had heart burn everyday I always drunk a glass of milk to prevent the burning in my chest

• Rae Wilson

2017-02-18 #185 Author

Yes i with heartburn a lot in this last pregnancy the only thing that help me relieve the heartburn was a cup of milk .

• Cimone

2017-02-19 #186 Author

I had bad heartburn as well, I just drunk a grape soda to make me burp and the heartburn went away right after the burp !

• Deanine

2017-02-20 #187 Author

Tums only worked for me

• Ashley

2017-02-20 #188 Author

I had heartburn really bad, to the point where tums weren’t even working. It made my pregnancy very difficult, I’m so glad I found this article because now I know for the future.

• Kiana Barbery

2017-02-21 #189 Author

Milk helped with my heartburn. My baby did have a nice amount of hair also , lol

• Auje Wilson

2017-02-21 #190 Author

This article would have most definitely been helpful in the last trimester of my pregnancy. Heartburn would only affect me at night when I would get in bed.. The heartburn would awaken me out of my sleep aspirating! I think that was the worse part of my entire pregnancy.. Feeling as though you are choking and burning vomit coming up your esophagus is no fun! I’m not considering another pregnancy anytime soon but when I do decide to conceive again this article would definitely help a lot!

• Mary

2017-02-22 #191 Author

I had heartburn thought out my whole pregnancy it affect all day in night I use bring but up everything I eat….

• Themba

2017-02-22 #192 Author

drink lot of water

• Jazmon D’sha

2017-02-23 #193 Author

Less spicy food will help with heartburn also sitting up straight after eating

• Kim kinville

2017-02-25 #194 Author

milk and tums helped me with heartburn!

• Shannel

2017-02-25 #195 Author

I Had Heartburn Badly. I Had It So Bad That I Would Throw Up. Nothing Worked For Me.

• Alexis💜

2017-02-26 #196 Author

OMG my heart burn was the worst while I was pregnant with my daughter ! Seemed like everything I ate (including liquids) made it worse! Eventually i told my doctor & she recommended I took tums and they worked almost INSTANLTY! A simple solution!

• Nequana

2017-02-28 #197 Author

I’m was blessed to not experience any heartburns throughouy my entire pregnancy.

• Meoshie S.

2017-02-28 #198 Author

Heartburn for me got worse on the third trimester to where it made me literally throw up every time I would eat anything. WATER gave me heartburn. Lol. Craziest ride ever. Nothing really worked for me besides a throw medicine that was prescribed to me from my doctor. :/ but it started to not work either after a while.

• Tavia

2017-03-01 #199 Author

I had heartburn during my last trimester, but it wasn’t too bad like everyone else’s. although, when it did come around it was one of the worst feelings in the world.

• Megan Gearhart

2017-03-01 #200 Author

i found that milk helped me! i used to ALWAYS get heartburn with my baby! but get thing about all that she came out with a head full of hair 🙂

• Aby

2017-03-02 #201 Author

I suffered with heartburn throughout my pregnancy. It stopped the day i had my lil one ..milk only helped reduce it

• Shae Williams

2017-03-03 #202 Author

I’m glad I found this article. I’m 22 weeks pregnant and the heartburn kills me. It makes me afraid to eat sometimes.

• Charlecia Jones

2017-03-03 #203 Author

Wow I never knew this, I always had heart burn

• Kayla

2017-03-04 #204 Author

I had heartburn my whole pregnancy. The only thing that helped ease it a little was eating a bunch of Tums.

• Kayla

2017-03-04 #205 Author

I had heartburn my whole pregnancy. Milk and Tums were the things that helped me.

• Moneni Michelle

2017-03-04 #206 Author

I wish i knew this when i was pregnant 😭

• Teasia

2017-03-05 #207 Author

Drink Water DAILY !

• Daisha

2017-03-06 #208 Author

Yes and heartburns made it so hard to eat as well I took tums

• Thomasha

2017-03-08 #209 Author

I suffered from heart burn right through out my pregnancy. Doctor said my acid reflux would only get worst and it did. A few nights when I threw up, it run through my nostrils and this was terrible. But I will keep these steps in mind. Wish I knew so much when I was pregnant.

• Jessica Tolliver

2017-04-03 #210 Author

Yes this is a very helpful tip

• Danyelle

2017-04-06 #211 Author

Heart Burn is what I dealt with a lot also….I had to keep tums at work cause that’s where I got it at the most…I know i caused a lot of it cause I ate hot stuff all the time but the saying is true that heart burn means your child going to have a lot of hair lol

• Holledwine

2017-04-07 #212 Author

I had experience the same thing both of my pregnancy, a glass of warm milk always help me…

• Sidonnie Johnson

2017-06-13 #213 Author

I Used Tums Or Mustard , Great Remedies … I Hated Milk .!

• Krystal

2017-06-13 #214 Author

Heartburn wasn’t a big issue with me but when I did get it tums did the trick…

• monifah

2017-06-20 #215 Author

Actually, during my pregnancy I found that Ginger root sliced into thin pieces relieves heartburn, headaches & nausea!!! Effectve and low cost