Reheating dinner is a way of life. Whether it’s Friday night and you need to clean out your fridge, or you want to turn your leftovers from last night into a whole new meal, our microwaves are our handy kitchen companions. But research shows that reheating some of your favorite foods can be dangerous to your health, especially if they were stored incorrectly beforehand.
These eight foods, for instance, could give you food poisoning—or worse—if reheated or stored improperly:
Celery, Spinach and Beets:
Heat can cause the nitrates of these veggies to turn toxic—and release carcinogenic properties—when they’re heated up a second time. So it’s best to take these foods go out of whatever dish you’re reheating.