New Mom Wakes Up, Sees Pool Of Blood Next To Her, Quickly Realizes Why New Mom Wakes Up, Sees Pool Of Blood Next To Her, Quickly Realizes Why
A mother has shared the heartbreaking story of the morning she woke up to find her infant son had died. Amanda Saucedo woke up... New Mom Wakes Up, Sees Pool Of Blood Next To Her, Quickly Realizes Why

A mother has shared the heartbreaking story of the morning she woke up to find her infant son had died.

Amanda Saucedo woke up in the middle night to the sound of her 30-day-old son, Ben, “fussing” in his crib beside her bed. She picked him up to feed him, but soon drifted off to sleep, holding her baby in her bed.

At around 8 a.m. the next morning, Saucedo woke up and knew something was wrong. She looked down and saw Ben laying lifeless, surrounded by a pool of blood. 

  • She wrote about that morning in The Scientific Parent:

I looked at my sweet Ben, all cuddled up to me as he loved to do. But something wasn’t right. His face was pale and his nostril was stuck halfway down. I sat up and I realized there was a pool of blood next to Ben.


I thought to myself, “No. No. This isn’t happening!” I picked up my little 30-day-old son, laid him on his back, and started to gently shake him saying, “Ben! Ben! Wake up! Wake up, Ben!” It was then that I realized he was not going to wake up. He was already gone.

In my shock, I called my family; first my sister, but there was no answer as her phone battery was dead; then my grandma, who begged me to call 9-1-1. I carried Ben downstairs, pacing my living room as I talked to the operator.

She asked me a few times if I would like to start CPR. Each time, I told her there was no point. Ben was gone. His little hard body was stiff in my arms, and he didn’t look like my Ben anymore. I knew there was no hope.

Saucedo calls that day her “hell day,” and says, “It is the worst story to tell. And it never seems to get easier.”

The mother says she is sharing her story as a way to educate other parents about the dangers of sharing a bed with their babies.

An autopsy showed no proof Ben was suffocated or smothered, reports the Daily Mail. His death was ruled an accidental asphyxiation.

After Ben died on Nov. 19, 2014, Amanda started Benny Bears, an organization that seeks to educate about safe sleeping for parents of young children.

“Since Ben’s death, I feel it is my duty to promote safe sleep knowledge to parents,” Saucedo said. “Never knowing if my baby would still be alive had he been sleeping alone is something I will take to the grave with me.

If Ben had died while I was practicing the ABCs of safe sleep, I feel my life wouldn’t constantly be filled with doubt and guilt.”

Sources: The Scientific ParentDaily Mail 

Henry Okafor

  • Lesh

    2017-02-09 #1 Author

    touching and interesting story

    Reply

  • Dominique carr

    2017-02-09 #3 Author

    As a mother myself i found it so hard getting up at night i also found myself putting everything i needed for me and my child on the night stand right next to me i stopped doing that so i would have to get up and wake up to pay more attention to my child

    Reply

  • Chelsy

    2017-02-09 #4 Author

    Wow this is devastating but makes you more aware when having your infant sleep with you.

    Reply

  • Dee

    2017-02-09 #5 Author

    Aww the life of a newborn is so precious I always enjoy seein babys in the hospital when there born

    Reply

  • Chelsy

    2017-02-09 #6 Author

    Wow that is devastating but makes you more aware when sleeping with your infant in your bed.

    Reply

  • Allen Nakyeyune

    2017-02-09 #7 Author

    Oh no i feel touched about this story.May the good Lord help you to over come fear and pain u’re going through.

    Reply

  • Daelee

    2017-02-09 #8 Author

    Oh my!!! I started to sleep with my baby girl after she is two month old,because that when she starts crawling and lift her head up.But yes I deffinetly support safe sleeping specially with babies that’s just fresh out of the womb

    Reply

  • Victoria

    2017-02-09 #9 Author

    Such a sad story 😩😩 but her sharing it will educate a lot of mothers

    Reply

  • Alysia

    2017-02-09 #10 Author

    😢sad story . Safe sleeping

    Reply

  • Kome susan

    2017-02-09 #11 Author

    So touching and educative

    Reply

  • Kelly

    2017-02-09 #12 Author

    Omg. I’m very sorry and send my deepest condolences to you and your family in your time of grief. I sleep with my baby in the bed with me. I tried to put him inside his bassinet when he was born. But I couldn’t sleep at all I was up all night worrying and checking to see if he was ok. My mother is a older lady who wants him to sleep on his belly. Every time she has him I be scared to death. Don’t think I would be about to take that heart break.

    Reply

  • Karmen

    2017-02-09 #13 Author

    Wow this story is very saddening. I have a 8 month old daughter who I love to death.. I don’t know what I would do if I was to lose her… I couldn’t hardly imagine how she feels and I pray for her ….

    Reply

  • Alyssa

    2017-02-09 #14 Author

    So touching why a sad story !!

    Reply

  • Jasmine waters

    2017-02-09 #15 Author

    I’ve always had a fear of sleeping on my baby that’s why she has her own bed. This would brake my heart. Prayers to her.

    Reply

  • Sharonda babb

    2017-02-10 #16 Author

    This is absolutely sad

    Reply

  • Nakya

    2017-02-10 #17 Author

    Omg I’m so sorry to hear that he died that was a really touching story

    Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *