Nurses Share Heartbreaking Stories of What Happens To Babies Who Survive Abortions Nurses Share Heartbreaking Stories of What Happens To Babies Who Survive Abortions
Often when a baby is born alive during an abortion procedure, the child is kept in the abortion clinic until he or she dies.... Nurses Share Heartbreaking Stories of What Happens To Babies Who Survive Abortions

Often when a baby is born alive during an abortion procedure, the child is kept in the abortion clinic until he or she dies. In rare cases, the abortionist himself takes action to kill the baby. But sometimes the baby is transferred to a hospital, where he can be given medical care.

Unfortunately, it is the policy of many hospitals simply to allow these babies to die.

Nurse Kathleen Malloy, from Jacksonville, Florida, witnessed the death of one baby who was born after a saline abortion and transferred to her hospital. Melanie Green of Last Days Ministries quoted Malloy in her pamphlet “Children: Things We Throw Away?” Malloy tells her story:

I worked the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift, and when we weren’t busy, I’d go out to help with the newborns. One night I saw a bassinet outside the nursery. There was a baby in this bassinet – a crying, perfectly formed baby – but there was a difference in this child. She had been scalded. She was the child of a saline abortion.

This little girl looked as if she had been put in a pot of boiling water. No doctor, no nurse, no parent, to comfort this hurt, burned child. She was left alone to die in pain. They wouldn’t let her in the nursery – they didn’t even bother to cover her.

I was ashamed of my profession that night! It’s hard to believe this can happen in our modern hospitals, but it does. It happens all the time. I thought a hospital was a place to heal the sick – not a place to kill.

I asked a nurse at another hospital what they do with their babies that are aborted by saline. Unlike my hospital, where the baby was left alone struggling for breath, their hospital puts the infant in a bucket and puts the lid on. Suffocation! Death by suffocation!

A saline abortion is performed by injecting the caustic saline solution into the amniotic fluid that surrounds an unborn baby in the second trimester. The baby breathes in the fluid, which burns her lungs and scorches her skin, causing her to die within several hours. The mother then goes through labor to give birth to the dead baby. This type of abortion is seldom performed today because it led to so many live births and because it was dangerous to women; it had the potential to cause severe damage to the woman’s body if the saline was injected into her bloodstream. A similar procedure where

This type of abortion is seldom performed today because it led to so many live births and because it was dangerous to women; it had the potential to cause severe damage to the woman’s body if the saline was injected into her bloodstream. A similar procedure where poison is injected into the baby’s heart, or, in some cases, the amniotic fluid, still takes place today and is used in the late second and third trimesters.

The baby Malloy watched die never had a name and never had a chance to live. In a similar situation, Gianna Jessen, who was also aborted by the saline method, was given medical care and survived. She is now a pro-life activist, and her website can be found here.

A 2002 article in The Journal of Clinical Nursing seems to indicate that nurses encounter babies born alive after abortions with some frequency. According to the article:

In the case of late termination, the death of the fetus before delivery, though usual, is not inevitable except in rare cases of extreme physical abnormality[.] … At times the fetus will actually attempt to breathe or move its limbs, which makes the experience extremely distressing for nurses. Also, whereas the woman will probably go through this process once in her lifetime, nurses may go through it several times a year or even in the same week. (1)

The article quotes author and lecturer Annette D. Huntington, BN, Ph.D. saying that abortion live births are a “regular occurrence.”

Another nurse who found herself in the terrible position of caring for an aborted baby told her story in the newsletter of Friendship Pregnancy Center (now called Women’s First Choice Center) in Morristown, New Jersey.

Her story, which can be read in its entirety here, is heartbreaking. On the night the aborted baby came in, three premature babies from a nearby hospital were being taken care of. Two of the three were in danger of dying, and doctors struggled to save their lives. While the doctors were engaged in the struggle to help these two wanted babies, the aborted baby was brought in:

The nurse from Labor and Delivery walked into our unit carrying a blanket and stating “This is a prostaglandin abortion. He has a heartbeat so we brought him over.” The baby was placed under a radiant warmer and I was told the rest of the facts. The gestational age of the baby was given to be 23 weeks by ultrasound. The mother had cancer and had received chemotherapy treatments before discovering that she was pregnant. The parents had been told that their baby would be horribly deformed because of the chemotherapy.

I looked at the baby boy lying before me, and saw that from all appearances he was perfect. He had a good strong heartbeat. I could tell this without using a stethoscope because I could see his chest moving in sync with his heart rate. With a stethoscope I heard a heart pumping strongly. I look at his size and his skin — he definitely looked more mature than 23 weeks.

He was weighed and I discovered that he was 900 grams, almost two pounds. This was almost twice the weight of some babies we have been able to save. A doctor was summoned. When she arrived the baby started moving his tiny arms and legs flailing. He started trying to gasp, but was unable to get air into his lungs. His whole body shuddered with his efforts to breathe. We were joined by a neonatalist and I pleaded with both doctors saying, “The baby is viable — look at his size, look at his skin — he looks much older than 23 weeks.”

It was a horrible moment as each of us wrestled with our own ethical standards. I argued that we should make an attempt to resuscitate him, to get him breathing. The resident doctor told me, “This is an abortion. We have no right to interfere.” The specialist, who had the responsibility for the decision, was wringing his hands and quietly saying, “This is so hard. Oh, God, it’s so hard when it’s this close.” In the end, I lost. We were not going to try to resuscitate this baby. So, I did the only thing I could do. Dipping my index finger into sterile water and placing it on his head, I baptized the child. Then I wrapped him in blankets to keep him warm, and held him. These were the only measures I could take comfort the baby under the circumstances, no matter how much I wanted to do more. I held this little boy, who was still gasping for breath, trying to stay alive on his own. As the tears flowed down my face, I pray to God that he would take this child into his care, and that he would forgive me for my own part in his death. After a while, he stopped gasping. His heart continued to be, but the beating became slower and weaker until it finally stopped. He was gone.

Ironically, all the while the nurse was holding the dying aborted child, doctors were struggling to save the life of another premature (but wanted) child in the very same room, less than 5 feet away. Sadly, this baby died as well – but she was given every possible medical treatment, while the aborted baby was completely ignored.

Another nurse, Joan S. Smith, told the following story:

It was a night I’ll never forget. It was 11 pm and my colleague Karen and I “scrubbed in” at the beginning of our shift in the Special Care Nursery of a large teaching hospital….Without warning, a harried nurse rushed into the doorway.

Her white uniform seemed out of place in the area of the hospital where only surgical scrubs are worn.

“Here, take this,” she said, thrusting into my hands a small silver specimen pan covered with a paper towel.

“What is it?” I asked, realizing by the look on her face that something was very wrong.

“It’s an abortion at 22 weeks gestation, delivered on our floor. But it’s alive,” she explained, then turned on her heel and was gone. I removed the paper towel to see the perfectly formed body of a baby boy curled up in the cold metal pan….Karen came over to help. “This happens every so often,” she explained sadly. She had trained at the hospital and worked there for over 15 years.

[After a doctor Joan called simply told her to do nothing but fill in the time of death for the baby] Stoking his tiny arm, I tried to sort out my jumble of emotions. I felt powerless, angry, and overwhelmed by sadness. How could our medical system be so full of ironies? Here I was surrounded by medical technology, which was of no avail to this tiny child. I wondered if the parents even were told that their son had been admitted to the hospital as a live birth with

footprints taken, and identification number and band given, a physician notified of his birth- yet all of this merely an unpredicted complication of a routine abortion. It took nearly four hours until that tiny heart slowed to a stop. With tears in my eyes, I wrapped his body for the morgue. This was all of a life this child would ever know. He would never know the warmth of a mother’s embrace. No one would ever celebrate his birth. He would never even be given a name.

It is not unheard of for a baby born at 22-23 weeks to survive with medical treatment. Little Amillia Taylor was born at just 21 weeks and six days and weighed less than 10 ounces. She survived and is a healthy toddler today. Amillia’s mother actually had to lie to get the doctors to treat her baby – they had a policy of not treating children born before 23 weeks.

A German baby born at 21 weeks and five days also survived. Her story can be found here. The article also cites the example of a Canadian baby who was born before 22 weeks and survived.

Cases of late-term abortions blur the line between abortion and infanticide. Clearly, when a baby can survive on its own, even for short while, it becomes obvious that abortion is the killing of a human being.

In reality, life is a continuum from conception to natural death – although babies aborted at later stages of development are more fully developed, abortion is murder from the very beginning. But stories of babies born alive and then denied medical care are heart-wrenching and a terrible indictment of our society, which permits such atrocities.

• Jada Marie

2017-02-15 #1 Author

This Is So Sad, Couldn’t Ever Imagine Putting Myself Through This.

2017-02-24 #2 Author

Stop Writing Like This

• Adrenalectomy

2017-02-27 #3 Author

You’re awesome Isak! Please keep being awesome!

2017-02-28 #4 Author

right back at ya <3

• Ykiisha harris

2017-05-30 #5 Author

Awful abortion is a sin and I could never hurt a child period when I was pregnant with my daughter I was told I should have an abortion and I said no today we have a beautiful 10 year old daughter life is precious!

• Erricka

2017-02-15 #6 Author

This is so sad 😔

2017-02-24 #7 Author

dry your eyes, this doesn’t happen

• Aundrea Sheppard

2017-02-15 #8 Author

Abortions in my opinion should be banned period no child should have to go through any type of pain or suffer at that age .I’m totally against abortions but this my opinion

2017-02-24 #9 Author

I’m so happy your opinion isn’t law then 😀

• Just Dee

2017-02-24 #10 Author

Isak . . You troll. You ignorant troll. With your way of thinking I’m beyond confident that you are the direct result of a failed clothes hanger method. Your mother must have been as ignorant as you are. That’s where this must stem from. An abomination to this society with your ignorant self. Abortion is wrong . It is murder. You are the only exception. People like yourselves should be skinned alive and hung publicly for the world to see.

• Ash

2017-02-25 #11 Author

Wow so unborn babies have more of a right to life than a grown person with a different opinion? You must be a lot of fun at parties.

• Adrenalectomy

2017-02-27 #12 Author

Just Dee you are a whiny bratty tantrumming child. Grow up. You really think you’re so special that people deserve to be skinned alive for hurting your feelings? LOL.

2017-02-28 #13 Author

so I – a living person – should be killed, over an embryo/parasite? i love your logic Dee

• Charmaine Wright

2017-04-14 #14 Author

If its rape and yu dnt want the baby! Gv the baby to some1 who does or an pro- life organization. Simple!

• Charmaine Wright

2017-04-14 #15 Author

No one should b killed! Thats my point, Exactly!

2017-02-28 #16 Author

also, i didn’t know i was the worst person in the world, since i am the only exception. it’s a pretty good world then

• Ally

2017-02-28 #17 Author

And what if the pregnancy is a result of a rape would you still have the same opinion then

2017-03-03 #18 Author

yes they would because to them an unborn baby is more worth than the woman carrying it

• Crezelda

2017-02-15 #19 Author

This is very painful. Abortion is a sin itself and children are blessings , No unborn child deserves to be treated with inhumanity although they haven’t yet faced the real world yet. May God bless the infants Soul. <3

2017-02-24 #20 Author

yeah, but they deserve it if they are gay, right? Or black. Or muslim.

• Stephanie Sanders

2017-02-26 #21 Author

Fuck you!!!!!!!!

• Khanyo

2017-02-26 #22 Author

Isak why do u think they deserve it if they are gay, black or muslim?

2017-02-28 #23 Author

I was being ironic. Or rather, I was using your logic

2017-02-28 #24 Author

oooor their logic

• Pie

2017-05-30 #25 Author

Seems only I got your logic. I like your sarcasm. And yes, I’m black!

• Cambra

2017-02-15 #26 Author

Omg that is terrible.

2017-02-24 #27 Author

lucky it’s not true

• jacky

2017-05-25 #28 Author

Just be quiet please!!!!.

• Briannah Albert

2017-02-15 #29 Author

Very Sad,What ever their reasons for abortion,It’s better you keep the pregnancy and take
    the baby to an orphanage or foster house once it’s born if you can’t keep it..May God deliver them

2017-02-24 #30 Author

Very sad, very not true

• jacky

2017-05-25 #31 Author

Just be quiet please!!!!.

• Felicia

2017-02-15 #32 Author

I have always been against abortions!! The only exception for me is if it was medically necessary!! All lives deseve a chance!!

• Adrenalectomy

2017-02-27 #33 Author

No. They do not. No one deserves a chance at the expense of someone else’s body.

• FallenAngel

2017-03-06 #34 Author

Then that “someone else” should have been responsible and used perfection, and the morning after pill, instead of waiting til the embryo was formed and growing to be aborted. Seriously, this is 2017 folks if you habe unprotected sex use the morning after pill instead of waiting if you aren’t prepared to raise a child or carry to term and give up for adoption. Adrenolectomy, you’re an idiot. So, I’ll put this into much more simple terms, keep your legs shut or your dick in your pants if you can’t figure out how to open and take the pill/use a condom.

• FallenAngel

2017-03-06 #35 Author

Protection* typos due to “stupid phone”

• Naomi

2017-05-30 #36 Author

There is the option of contraceptives. The child is the consequence of sex, you want sex but not the aftermath and the aftermath has to pay for it? At whose expense really?

• Dior Williams

2017-02-15 #37 Author

Awww god is good 😬😍

• Shantel

2017-02-15 #38 Author

As I lay here with my 3 month old fraternal twins and I read through this article I’m literally in tears. It’s so sad how messed up this world is. Just to let a innocent baby that did not ask to be here fight for their life fight to breath.. it’s truely sooo heart breaking their needs to be a gestational age limit for these abortions and a saline abortion should be BANNED. It’s pointless to have an abortion where it’s 50/50 chance the baby can be born alive . The whole point of an abortion is to kill the poor baby right then and there. God I just ask you to wrap your arm around every inocent baby,doctor,parent and nurse that has to go through tradgedys like this. No baby deserves this 🙁

2017-02-24 #39 Author

there IS a gestational age limit for abortions, and this doesn’t happen, OK?

• Ash

2017-02-25 #40 Author

Didn’t you know everything on the internet is true?

2017-02-28 #41 Author

you’re right Ash, I’m so sorry!

• dmadchatr

2017-06-03 #42 Author

Ideal, then how has Planned Parenthood been selling body parts? They were caught on tape- but I guess that’s not real either. Late term abortions should NOT be legal, but guess what – they ARE happening – the baby is delivered for extremely late term and the spinal cord is severed after they take their first breath. I’m in health care- I can tell you, this story isn’t bullshit. But please … keep your head buried in denial because if it didn’t happen we bear no responsibility to take action. Wake up- this IS happening ….

• vhudi

2017-02-15 #43 Author

We thank god.for saving this baby.now the baby is a life.the mother of this baby don’t deserve to be a mothe of any child.she don’t have a heart.

2017-02-24 #44 Author

thank u for admitting it’s only a life after it’s born

• dmadchatr

2017-06-03 #45 Author

Sorry – it’s a life BEFORE birth – there may be an age of viability – but by the second trimester the baby is … A BABY

• Jay

2017-02-15 #46 Author

I know the mother of this baby is heartbroken

2017-02-24 #47 Author

probably not tho

• Yonni

2017-02-15 #48 Author

Omg that’s crazy 😢

2017-02-24 #49 Author

crazy untrue that is

• Judy Wade

2017-02-15 #50 Author

wow i didnt know this this was a good article

2017-02-24 #51 Author

it isn’t. and you didn’t know this because it’s not true. be smarter than this

• Alicia

2017-02-15 #52 Author

Wow very insightfull i was never aware of this.

2017-02-24 #53 Author

and now you’re aware it’s fake (i just told you)

• Brittney M

2017-02-16 #54 Author

OMG I don’t see how they could do to children. I would have help more but I u.derstand why they couldnt. I prey for those kids and nurses.

2017-02-24 #55 Author

they don’t do this. your help is not needed. learn something about looking for sources instead 🙂

• Charissa

2017-02-24 #56 Author

Isakson why don’t you quit commenting on everyone’s comments in a negative manner. You have your opinion just like everyone else does. So shut up your annoying and looking for attention!

• Ash

2017-02-25 #57 Author

Hold it there! So everyone can post their opinions except Isak? Or anyone else who doesn’t agree? Kind of biased, no?

2017-02-28 #58 Author

Ash: 1
          Charissa: 0

• Naomi

2017-05-30 #59 Author

It’s just funny how she shows up everywhere….she has a right to speak though, no matter how annoying she is.

• Stephanie Sanders

2017-02-26 #60 Author

Bishh….get out the comments bra…go suck a dick

2017-02-28 #61 Author

I thought being gay was a sin????? so glad it isn’t – now my gay friends can finally know you guys think their lives are more important than a fertilized egg <3

• Pie

2017-05-30 #62 Author

Hypocrites most are. It’s not okay to abort a foetus but it’s okay to stone a fully grown man to death because he’s gay. Or to hate on a black person because he is black.

• Arianna

2017-02-16 #63 Author

This is so sad😩

2017-02-24 #64 Author

And also so not true

• Gina

2017-02-16 #65 Author

Poor baby this is so sad

2017-02-24 #66 Author

Poor you this is not true

• Stephanie Sanders

2017-02-26 #67 Author

Bish get ur fugly ass out of the comment section….imma get someone to kill ur kid….how bow dah😂😂😂 u heartlesss mf @isak

2017-02-28 #68 Author

i don’t have a kid, and i don’t want one. thank you for letting my future girlfriend decide over her own body tho <3

2017-02-28 #69 Author

also, don’t you find it just a teeny-tiny bit ironic that you’re against abortion but want to kill my so-called child?

• Armeshia Vance

2017-02-16 #70 Author

These stories are sad and should be shown more often! ABORTION SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! If you do not want the child give it to someone who domes.

• India Patterson

2017-02-16 #71 Author

So sad! I would lose my job trying to save those babies!

2017-02-28 #72 Author

why don’t you quit your job and save them then?

• Sha Smith

2017-02-16 #73 Author

I’m against abortions, then babies are innocent. Always have been & always will be.

2017-02-28 #74 Author

unless they turn out to be gay

2017-02-28 #75 Author

(i just want to point out i’m being ironic and using conservative christian anti-abortionists logic)

2017-02-28 #76 Author

i wish i didn’t have to, but some people doesn’t seem to get irony

• Nik

2017-05-03 #77 Author

Whoever you are, Isak, you are doing an awesome job here. I am so sick of people believing everything they read online and milking every opportunity to sound righteous / indulge in some immotive crap

• wumi

2017-02-16 #78 Author

Why people doing abortion when they know they’re not ready is for them to protect their self than killing innocent child.

2017-02-24 #79 Author

what u just said made no sense AT ALL

• Krystian

2017-02-16 #80 Author

Wow this just hurt my heart to read😞 that poor baby didn’t do anything to get this treatment😟

2017-02-28 #81 Author

other than being a parasite for 9 months

• Akeela Reaves

2017-02-16 #82 Author

Oh my , I don’t believe in abortion ,

2017-02-24 #83 Author

yeah me neither, it’s a myth

• Aleshia

2017-02-16 #84 Author

I could never put myself through this 😥

2017-02-24 #85 Author

then don’t. but don’t tell other people what to do with their bodies

• Hilder Paula

2017-02-16 #86 Author

Its really sad..i think hospitals tht carry out abortions shd be banned for good. But the grace of God saved this child,how overwhelming i believe the mother is hurt painfully

• Jayymoniee jones

2017-02-16 #87 Author

So Sad,I’m Against Abortions.

• Shanaski

2017-02-16 #88 Author

Wow This Is So Sad. I Could Never Imagine Doing A Abortion

2017-02-24 #89 Author

don’t do it then. but don’t tell other people what to do with their body either

• Shanaski

2017-02-16 #90 Author

Wow This Is So Sad.
    I Could Never Imagine Going Through All This

• Talia

2017-02-16 #91 Author

Even if the baby was supposed to be aborted, and it was born alive and doctors let it die or kill it, is t that considered murder, just like if a baby is born to full term and had taken a breath and is dumped it is considered murder, what is the difference the baby took a breath outside the womb.

• Shatiya Thompson

2017-02-23 #92 Author

U r so right! If the baby is born breathing fighting for air abortion or not the baby should b saved. Litterally by my belief I would lose my job because I would hve to save the baby n I would do just that. My 2 sons passed away like this no abortion I had one in 2004 Jan 20 n he weighed 8ounces n 8 inch at 20 weeks they let him breathe on his own til he couldnt anymore by the time I woke up from all the meds my 1st son was gone. The worst feeling ever still I am pained by this because they didnt n wouldnt help him. My second son I had Jan.18 2006 at 18 weeks he was 4 ounces n 4 inch long the whole time he was moving in my stomach I got to the hospital the nurse gave me a white pill to take mind u I was in labor already she said it was to bring my contractions faster how much faster can it go when u r already in active labor come to find out the pill killed my son while he was in me so When I pushed him out he was already gone. This is at Valley hospital in Las Vegas Nv. It pains me but what can I do. I do thank God up above I hve 3 daughters who r perfect no complications 21 18 n 12. Im amazed at the lives we live. God Bless Precious Life.

2017-02-24 #93 Author

yea because this totally happened. NOT

• Iulia

2017-02-16 #94 Author

Horrible !!!! Abordsion shouldn’t be legal !!!!! Just like in ireland !

2017-02-24 #95 Author

don’t worry, abordsion doesn’t exist. never heard of it. it’s not even a word

• Ash

2017-02-25 #96 Author

Not all heroes wear capes.

• Laila

2017-02-16 #97 Author

Couldn’t do it 💔 I couldn’t see poor babies dying with no help so sad

2017-02-24 #98 Author

u sound like donald trump

• Abi

2017-02-25 #99 Author

Why must you reply to everyone like it’s the @Isak show”. People are entitled to an opinion. Just because you don’t agree, doesn’t mean it’s invalid to them.

2017-02-28 #100 Author

this is the isak show girl

2017-02-28 #101 Author

but you’re right, Laila is entitled to sound like donald trump

• Iulia

2017-02-16 #102 Author

Abortion shouldn t be legal ! That is horrible !! I live in ireland and here is ilegal to abort !

2017-02-24 #103 Author

hope it’s legal soon. come on Ireland, u can do it

womens body, their choice

• Adrenalectomy

2017-02-27 #104 Author

Agreed. It disgusts me that if I were raped tomorrow this government would force me to have the rapist’s baby.

2017-02-28 #105 Author

right! i can’t believe it’s 2017 and women still don’t have right to decide over their own bodies

• Megha

2017-02-17 #106 Author

Baby was trying to breathe. That means it’s doctor’s duty to save that child even if it’s an abortion. 900grams is not a sample weight. In India also abortion is illegal but there are hospitals in India too which helps women undergo abortion secretly. But anyhow letting that child die just because it was an abortion is truly inhuman and I pity that doctor who ignored this child. People with such a small thinking are not even considered to be of human kind. Animals are rather better than humans. Atleast they consider each other’s lives.

2017-02-24 #107 Author

People with such a small thinking might believe this article without any sources. Please be smarter

2017-02-24 #108 Author

And when do animals consider each other’s lives? When they hunt and eat each other?

• Effie

2017-02-26 #109 Author

They remove the old and weak so the strong may survive. That is how animals are better than humans. Humans are the most horrific and pitiful and ungrateful thing on earth.

2017-02-28 #110 Author

I think I agree with you? a fertilized egg is a lot weaker than the woman carrying it

• Kaylon

2017-02-17 #111 Author

That is soo sad ,abortions shouldnt be an option

• Linda

2017-02-17 #112 Author

I was under the impression the medical profession is suppose to do everything to try and save a HUMAN so to let a baby pass in any way without giving the baby a medical chance is completely unprofessional in fact it’s MURDER and yet no one will take responsibility for this CRIME it’s sickening distressing I’m not anti I just think men and woman that create this EVIL in the first place should be spade I know some people that have had abortions in the very early stage and that is still hard to deal with .
    SELFISH LAZY. IRRESPONSIBLE

2017-02-24 #113 Author

think. this doesn’t happen. this article is a lie. it would be illegal to kill a living, breathing baby. please be smarter

• Jazmin

2017-02-19 #114 Author

Stfu with your “pro life” propaganda. Abortions aren’t murder. Whether or not someone aborts isn’t your problem. And if you actually checked the facts, late term abortions are only given the those whose babies won’t make it to delivery or continuing the pregnancy will be fatal to both the mother and child. LATE TERM ABORTION BABIES ARE ALMOST ALWAYS WANTED. STOP TRYING TO BELITTLE AND SHAME WOMEN WHO GET THESE PROCEDURES DONE. Also, you people claim you’re “pro-life” until the baby is actually born and you refuse to advocate for welfare to help support the baby.

2017-02-24 #115 Author

Right? People are so gullible, I can’t

• J

2017-02-24 #116 Author

You’re about as stupid as your mama was for not having aborted you.

2017-02-28 #117 Author

i thought abortion was a sin??????

• Robyn

2017-02-24 #118 Author

Isak is a moron

• Ash

2017-02-25 #119 Author

Takes one to know one!

2017-02-28 #120 Author

at least i don’t believe in an article with no sources

• Racheal Brown

2017-02-19 #121 Author

This brought tears to my eyes! I hope abortions are banned! These babies didn’t ask to be created or killed!

2017-02-24 #122 Author

u can stop crying, this article is a lie
      also, if babies didn’t ask to be created, shouldn’t we stop creating them then???

2017-02-24 #123 Author

just following ur logic

• Theresa Sondburg

2017-02-19 #124 Author

Abortions are against our God in all religions. I would quit my job if ever I had to do something so sinful as this. What a pity that anyone could do this awful act.

• Robert

2017-02-21 #125 Author

So the baby struggling for air had to be “baptized” or it was going to hell?? What cowardice and unbelievable stupidity to think such a tiny dying precious body of life would need to be “baptized.” God how bogus but besides this idiotic and psychotic action, glad the baby and others were given sympathy. Simple answer is you step in for babies to live and let them be adopted. Never aborted.

• Angel

2017-02-21 #126 Author

As i read this article tears fill my eyes because i am on my 6th pregnancy and this would make me a mother of 7 (1 pregnancy i had twins) but i considered gettin an abortion until i looked up the process. I have never been pro or anti abortion because every situation is different. What if a woman is raped, should she be forced to live with the product of a rape. But i also dont judge people because it is not my place. Only god or whomever you serve is your judge. But anyway all i could think bout is the fact that i would never get to hold this baby or tell it i love you and i cried for weeks. I also thought about my family and what they would say “what are you going to do with another baby” or “you dont need anymore kids”. And i might not need anymore kids but my heart and soul wont allow me to lay on a table while doctors reach into my womb, the same womb that carried my other 6 kids, and rip this baby piece by piece out of me and smash the head so i can be ripped out. I CANT AND WONT DO IT. So now i am 4 moths pregnant with my hopefully last baby and i pray to god for the strength to deal with the judgment and criticism coming my way cuz this baby will be born and not aborted

2017-02-24 #127 Author

u can stop crying, this article is a lie

• Saralee Norris

2017-02-22 #128 Author

Thou shall not kill. is a commandment that is boken to often.

2017-02-24 #129 Author

i know right, why is death-penalty still a thing?

• Edgar

2017-02-23 #130 Author

May GOD forgive us…

• Veronica Queen Gcayiya

2017-02-23 #131 Author

OMG!! This so sad, every human being, every child has right to live. women rather gave their babies up for adoption rather than aborting them. there are so many women and families out there who aren’t lucky to have their own babies. Rather give birth and leave the baby in the hospital alive than this horrible experience to these babies. Good people i plead with to at least have heart, the same way your parents let you live up to this far, give that baby a right to live as well. God will punish those women who kills their babies, and when you die you will find her/him waiting for you to name him/her. I fear for these women as they only think about the lives they are living at the present moment, what about the “After life” Have they ever think about that?

2017-02-24 #132 Author

well Veronica Queen Gcayiya, not everyone believe in the “after life” or God for that matter. also, if there is a God, i don’t think he would punish women for taking control over their own bodies. he made them after all. maybe he’ll punish you for being so judgemental tho

• Fireflyicegoddess

2017-02-24 #133 Author

It is not a woman’s right to “control” her body or do what she pleases with it. If God made women the way he did why did he not make contraceptives? Because he knew what he was doing. A child is a product of true love between a man and a woman. Though I am 100% for the use of contraceptives, abortion does not count as one. I am a woman and I find it revolting that any mother of a child could stomach this. Once you hear that baby’s cry your mothering sense kicks in. If it doesn’t you are cold and callous and I don’t see you fit to be considered a human but a common animal only interested in sex and selfpleasure.

• Ellie

2017-02-26 #134 Author

Yet we have things like post-pardom depression that make good mothers do horrible things. does something in which the women cannot change make her callous and cold? How does that work?

• Ev

2017-02-26 #135 Author

It’s funny how you say if your ‘mothering sense’ doesn’t kick in you are just a non-human animal when that same sense is actually just a product of hormones your body has evolved to produce after giving birth to ensure the survival of our species, it’s not some special human-only phenomenon pretty much all animals have this instinct otherwise they would be extinct pretty fast. I think what makes a human ‘superior’ to other animals in this situation would be to realise there are thousands of unwanted children in the system who will never get a good chance in life and will have to live knowing that they were unwanted. How can you genuinely believe that it is more humane to leave a child in the system who will probably never be adopted rather than abort a bundle of cells? Late term abortions are SO rare, this article is completely false and misleading. The huge majority of late term abortions are babies the parents wanted but for some sad reason posed a health threat to the mother, child or both. Also not everyone shares your religion and believes god made women, you can’t control someone just because you believe something which can’t even be proven true. If you want to be technical, god did invent contraceptives, at least he made humans capable of developing such a thing and provided the correct resources on the earth. In this day and age when there are already so many unwanted children and the population is so big the only smart thing to do with an unwanted pregnancy is abort.

• Adrenalectomy

2017-02-27 #136 Author

Then God is an asshole for wanting to force women to have children.

2017-02-28 #137 Author

okay fireflyingicegoddess (what a name), so when a woman gets raped and becomes pregnant it is a product of true love? also I hate when babies cry, I’m sure many women hate it too

• Amy

2017-02-23 #138 Author

Why let yourself get pregnant? There are ways to stop yourself getting pregnant it’s called contraception! No baby should die especially not in this way.

2017-02-24 #139 Author

which way should they die then?

• Ginger

2017-02-23 #140 Author

Doctors, nurses, medical practitioners and a like, all of you oath to save lives. What are you doing now. Please be human and forget about your profession.

2017-02-24 #141 Author

i think they’re saving lives. it’s their job after all

• Tanya

2017-02-23 #142 Author

As I read this with tears streaming down my face and all the while my beautiful 4 month old daughter is sleeping beside me so pure, precious and innocent. I have a dull ache in my stomach thinking about my 6 miscarriages and what I would of done to of prevented them. I would of done anything to have that opportunity and you have cases like this… Well… I’m heartbroken and speechless. I’m so pained. I knew about abortions but getting a horrific insight… Awful!! I could just picture the awful scenario as I read word for word. Getting away with murder. I hope they can’t sleep at night

2017-02-28 #143 Author

Luckily there are sleeping pills

2017-02-24 #144 Author

What the f is this? This isn’t even remotely true, like this doesn’t happen at all. Where are the sources? The evidence? This is a straight up lie.

And you guys aren’t pro-life. You are pro-fetus. F*** the baby when it’s born, am I right? You don’t care about it if it’s gay, black, a girl, muslim or a refugee.

2017-02-24 #145 Author

You only care about the fetus when its an egg and a dollop of sperm, not when it’s a REAL HUMAN BEING, ugh

2017-02-24 #146 Author

Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-guns, pro-torture, and still call yourself “pro-life” – John Fugelsang

• Grace

2017-02-24 #147 Author

This is horrible. Just because something is legal doesnt make it right. Leaving a baby to die – whether its born at 23 weeks or 40 weeks – is wrong. You wouldnt leave a one year old or 20 year old to die in a hospital yet a baby with a heartbeat that is clearly alive is left to suffer.
    Burying your head in the sand and saying these things dont occur is disgusting- always someone trying to argue a different point bringing religion and colour in.
    WHATEVER colour, race, religion that any living being is – it is wrong to kill and abortion is killing. Face facts.

2017-02-28 #148 Author

they are not leaving a baby to die. don’t believe everything you read on the internet. face facts.

• Sonja

2017-02-24 #149 Author

Hi Isak Please take a look at this link https://www.facebook.com/DSouzaDinesh/videos/1557115900981726/?pnref=story

2017-02-28 #150 Author

i actually would (not even joking) but i don’t like clicking on links i don’t know what is (potential virus). so no thank you

• Fireflyicegoddess

2017-02-24 #151 Author

What is wrong with the world today! This is murder plan and simple. No saferoom will fix this. How can someone be so cold and calloused towards a child? I am yet to be a mother but my mothering senses tell me to push policy to the side and save this child. Even if I loose my job

2017-02-28 #152 Author

oh, boy, you really want to know what’s wrong with the world today? well, there’s a lot to unpack, and i can tell you abortion is on the bottom of that list

2017-02-28 #153 Author

if it’s even on

• HLM1990

2017-02-26 #154 Author

I believe that everyone who wants to abort should see a video of what they do during the process step by step. No matter the situation rape or not abortion is Murder. There are so many people who want to be parents please choose adoption.

2017-02-28 #155 Author

i think everyone who eat meat should see a video of what they do during the process step by step

• Brittany andries

2017-02-28 #156 Author

This is soooo sad!!!! How could someone do this to a poor innocent baby!!!! I cant imagine how those nurses felt!

2017-02-28 #157 Author

they probably felt like they were doing their job

2017-02-28 #158 Author

I love how all of you prove my point by saying you want to kill me or wishing I was dead: you only care about fetuses and not real people with opinions. You are not pro-life, you are pro-fetus

• Licious

2017-03-04 #159 Author

Isak, i am your fan.. Hahaha.. I am totally having fun with the busy time u gave for everyone.. U ROCK! HAHA.. Very entertaining.. How to be you, please? Haha.. U r such an “iron-man” (ironically labeled).

• PredFantasy

2017-03-08 #160 Author

<3 Isak <3

I find their hypocrisies entertaining, too.

• Buhle

2017-03-01 #161 Author

I have been trying to have a baby for so long. I still have not conceived, it really brakes my heart to hear this

• eugene osei

2017-03-01 #163 Author

God have mercy. this is soo wrong. i remember a verse that says, in the end days, people will be wicked, lovers of themselves only…etc

• PredFantasy

2017-03-08 #164 Author

It is unfair for a fetus to go through this. It is unfair to ask a mother to carry a baby to term that they don’t want to carry. Since this situation is unfair to both sides, the law must side with the mother -the person who is already here- because it is wrong to take the rights of one person and give it to someone else.

I wanted to get that out of the way before going to my main point.

The point of this article seems to be, “If a fetus survives abortion, should the hospital be allowed to save it?” I have a few questions to pose: How expensive is it to keep an abandoned fetus alive in a hospital? Will this take a financial toll on the hospital and its ability to care for others at reasonable prices? What about the lingering health problems premies face and the financial burden put on the system, and when they’re old enough, them?

• Makayla

2017-05-30 #165 Author

I was born at 24 weeks I am now 31 and a mother of 2, I’m not against abortion I believe you should have it done before their is a heart beat! I don’t know how some mothers can want the baby for 20 weeks and then change there mind. 13 weeks it’s a pretty formed baby and I believe it’s murder at this gestation. If you can carry a baby for 20 weeks continue and give it up for adoption! It was the stupidity of the mother by not using protection, the baby didn’t chose to be conceived and the baby didn’t chose to die a horrible death either.

• Ykiisha harris

2017-05-30 #166 Author

I wawas told to have an abortion and I said no its a sin and most of all murder today we have a beautiful 10 year old daughter!