This Is Why Every Parent Should Know Basic CPR And Choke Training This Is Why Every Parent Should Know Basic CPR And Choke Training
Would you know what to do if your child choked? Luckily for this little boy, his cowboy father didn’t hesitate when he saw his... This Is Why Every Parent Should Know Basic CPR And Choke Training

Would you know what to do if your child choked? Luckily for this little boy, his cowboy father didn’t hesitate when he saw his son choking on a snack.

A few months ago, I choked on a carrot. At first I thought it was no big deal, but it soon became clear that it was lodged in my throat. In just seconds, my vision started to blur and I knew I would soon be losing consciousness. Just like the dad in this video, my husband began to smack my back. He saved my life, but once the incident was over, I admitted that I wouldn’t have known what to do if I’d been in his shoes.

As you’ll see, choking happens in an instant. This young boy was just walking around a boat trade show in Houston, Texas, when he choked on a snack. If it hadn’t been for his quick-thinking dad, the bothersome snack could have killed him.

This dad was no doubt panicking on the inside, but he didn’t let it show. Confidently, he grabs his choking son and does exactly what needs to be done.

• Tenisha walker

2017-02-18 #1 Author

This is the exact reason why I learned CPR and.first aid I would hate for anything to happen to my baby or babies and its nothing I can do bit wait for help and make it worst I feel all parents should know and or learn CPR and first aid for infants

• Cerita

2017-02-18 #2 Author

I definitely think that CPR and first aid training should be mandatory for everyone. You never know when you’ll be in a situation like this

• Cerita

2017-02-18 #3 Author

I definitely think that first aid and CPR should be mandatory. You never know when you’ll be in a situation like this .

• Sasha Byrd

2017-02-18 #4 Author

I would be so scared if I was in the same predicament. Reading this story got me wanting to look more into learning cpr for babies and adults as well.

• Sasha Byrd

2017-02-18 #5 Author

I would be so scared if I was in the same predicament. Reading this story got me wanting to look more into learning cpr and choke training for babies and adults as well.

• Arris

2017-02-18 #6 Author

This is definitely important!

• bonnierose webb

2017-02-18 #7 Author

Omg thanks god he new cpr

• G’Lisa Lias

2017-02-18 #8 Author

This is amazing . I have my CPR license and I am glad that I do. What a Wonder dad 😉

• G’Lisa Lias

2017-02-18 #9 Author

This is amazing . I have my CPR license and I am glad that I do. What a wonderful dad .

• Nikki

2017-02-18 #10 Author

I’ve had to preform CPR on my son twice. It is very important people learn CPR. Thank God, because he even showed signs of the choking impression. Wonderful thinking dad, it’s very scare, but important to remain calm.

• Suge

2017-02-19 #11 Author

Please learn cpr! You can save your own child just for having basic knowledge on cpr training. You will not regret it ! Let’s take care of our precious babies:).

• Jasper

2017-02-19 #12 Author

Wow! I definitely need to invest some time in to learn CPR. Never know when something like this could happen to my child!

• Lauren McCoy

2017-02-19 #13 Author

Every parent should be trained on Choking and CPR before leaving the hospital. Its just so common these days and we as parents need to be fully aware.

• shanetta crisler

2017-02-19 #14 Author

Wow this is awesome. This is something I have been wanting to do is learn CPR. You never know when you may have to use this.

• Elmyra

2017-02-19 #15 Author

Good dad! They didnt let my kids leave the hospital until i watched a cpr video. It should be a must fo every parent

• Mrs. Eboni LeFlore

2017-02-19 #16 Author

As a parent of two children, I think it’s imperative that everyone knows how to do CPR. I attended a CNA class and went to school for Medical Assisting and the knowledge I gained was truly valuable, especially when it came to the life saving techniques such as First Aid and CPR. Thank God I haven’t had to implement these skills on my children, but I am beyond glad that I know what to do should the occasion arise.

• Kiera Gaffney

2017-02-19 #17 Author

Knowing how to perform CPR and first aid is very critical! I feel that cpr should be a required to learn before you leave the hospital with your newborn. An emergency can occur at anytime and time is essential. Sometimes getting the rescue time to the situation can allow more danger. Being able to react instantly could save your childs life.

• Keiondra Randall

2017-02-20 #18 Author

Working in childcare this is a prime example why CPR and first aid training is important. A child can choke at any given moment and you have to be quick on your feet. Not knowing what to do can put your child’s life in danger. Good thing this dad knew what to do.

• Ebony Judson

2017-02-20 #19 Author

This is why I learned CPR and first aid! And I think everyone with kids should learn it also !

• Trey Fonzie

2017-02-22 #20 Author

Good learning and Helpful

• Jasmine Delacruz

2017-02-22 #21 Author

Thank god the boy is ok god bless him

• Twaneshia Powell

2017-02-23 #22 Author

I took CPR and First Aid a while ago, but I truly believe I need to refresh my skills just to be on the safe side.

• Rachel Draine

2017-02-26 #23 Author

I definitely need to refresh my cpr skills. That’s my worse fear is for my daughter to be choking and I freeze up in her time of need

• Shawna Ro’Chelle

2017-02-28 #24 Author

Omg thats scary

• Ivette Alexa Cordoba

2017-02-28 #25 Author

I identify myself, it is of great importance yo know the basics of RCP yo avoid any accidents inside the house, it is very good to know and stay up to date on this topic, for child care.
    A child can stricke at any given moment and have to know about the subject, to know how yo act and not to put the lives of children in danger. Know how to act.

• Marcques

2017-03-01 #26 Author

Definitely important to know CPR when u have children!

• Nerz

2017-03-08 #27 Author

This is amazing! Everyone should learn the basic CPR to save lives.