Toddler Starves To Death After Being Left Home Alone For Nine Days, His Mother’s Excuse Will Leave You Speechless Toddler Starves To Death After Being Left Home Alone For Nine Days, His Mother’s Excuse Will Leave You Speechless
A toddler died of hunger after he and his two-year-old sister were left home alone without food for nine days. Daniil, aged 23 months,... Toddler Starves To Death After Being Left Home Alone For Nine Days, His Mother’s Excuse Will Leave You Speechless

Daniil, aged 23 months, died six days after his mother Vladislava Podchapko, 20, left him to spend time with her lover.

His sister, Anna, who is two months away from her third birthday, was found on the brink of death after being forced to spend three days beside her little brother’s body.

Miraculously, she is expected to survive.

It is believed that the children were discovered by their mother when she returned home a week and a half after she left them locked in the flat in Kiev, Ukraine.

Mother Vladislava, 20 Credit: East2West
Mother Vladislava, 20, said she didn’t realise her son would die (Picture: East2West)

Podchapko was later confronted by police and arrested.

She faces up to eight years in prison for child neglect.

When interviewed by officers, the young mother said: ‘I didn’t know that the children would die.’

It was heard that the exhausted youngsters had attempted to escape the flat.

Linoleum by the front door was found pulled and ripped up.

Ukrainian children rights envoy, Nikolay Kuleba, said the mother had taken her children out of a kindergarten, but social services were reported to have failed to follow up on any problems.

Little Daniil (left) who starved to death with his big sister Anna Credit: East2West
Anna (right) is miraculously expected to survive (Picture: East2West)

Neighbours also claimed to have called police over the nine days, however they allegedly failed to respond.

The children are from the mother’s previous marriage.

She has since found a new boyfriend and is pregnant with his child.

Social media comments on her page demand that Vladislava should face the death penalty for neglecting her children.

They express ‘disgust’ at her actions in leaving her son and daughter alone.

Source: Metro

Nkasiobi Chukwu

• Kenya

2017-05-02 #1 Author

This is beyond sad n hurts my heart no kid should have to live through that

• Dlaiah

2017-05-02 #2 Author

They better take that child she’s pregnant with she’s clearly unfit

• Dlaiah

2017-05-02 #3 Author

I hope they take the child she’s pregnant with as well she’s clearly unfit and doesnt need any kids

• Valencia Kirkland

2017-05-02 #4 Author

I think it’s sad she left those beautiful babies alone. I mean being a mother how could u not know they would die after not eating for so many days. It’s pathetic and I think she needs more than 8 years for neglecting her own children.

• Ketosha

2017-05-02 #5 Author

This is crazy how can you starve a child like that until he dies😢

• Danielle Johnson

2017-05-02 #6 Author

Omg that’s terrible my heart goes out to those kids they should no longer be in the care of someone who leaves them to starve to death

• Toni

2017-05-03 #7 Author

Wow! That’s so disturbing and heartbreaking. I could never leave my daughter alone for even 10 minutes. She deserves whatever she’s giving.

• Marra

2017-05-03 #8 Author

Wow! That’s so disturbing and heartbreaking. I could never leave my daughter alone for even 10 minutes. She deserves whatever she’s given.

• Amiyah Nicole

2017-05-03 #9 Author

So sad, poor babies!

• Stefany

2017-05-03 #10 Author

This is beyond sad n hurts my heart no kid should have to live through that

• Teresa

2017-05-03 #11 Author

This is heartless 🙁

• Ida

2017-05-03 #12 Author

It’s a damn shame that dick was more important than your children you deserve every year that you’re in there and you deserve so much more what you put them kids through and how they left this world the way they did so your life needs to be taking as well

• Temperance

2017-05-03 #13 Author

So sad I don’t understand how anyone could do that to their children.. I leave my daughter alone when I shower and I still peak out to check on her. Crazy world.

• Erin

2017-05-05 #14 Author

This woman is not a mother, and should not be called one. Why would she just leave the children like that is beyond stupid. She deserves exactly whatever punishment she faces and then some. I can not stand people who neglect their children. They did not ask to be born, and to treated like they way she treated her children is just freakin disgusting.

• Samantha Kingdom

2017-06-08 #15 Author

What kind of mother would do that to her kids? She doesn’t deserve anymore children !