Her 22 Month Old Toddler Was Raped By Her Neighbor, Instead Of Justice This Is How People Are Reacting To The Case Her 22 Month Old Toddler Was Raped By Her Neighbor, Instead Of Justice This Is How People Are Reacting To The Case
22-month-old toddler is recovering from surgery after she was raped by a 45-year-old man in India. The girl, from a slum in East Delhi,... Her 22 Month Old Toddler Was Raped By Her Neighbor, Instead Of Justice This Is How People Are Reacting To The Case

The girl, from a slum in East Delhi, was playing outside her house when neighbour Hare Ram Yadav, 45, a tailor, picked her up and took her to his house where he lived alone on May 7.

Once inside Yadav raped the girl for 15 minutes before returning her bloodied and crying to her parents’ house.

The girl's mother said her daughter (pictured together) was playing outside the family home when she was taken by Hare Ram Yadav, a tailor who lives next door

The girl’s mother said her daughter (pictured together) was playing outside the family home when she was taken by Hare Ram Yadav, a tailor who lives next door

The mother said she was feeding her eight-month-old child at the time of the attack (together right), while the father (left) was at work at a tea stall

Her 20-year-old mother was inside feeding her eight-month-old daughter at the time, while her father, 28, was working running a small tea stall.

Her mother heard her loud cries and rushed outside, thinking she had fallen while playing but was devastated to see her condition.

She said: ‘She was howling and was not able to walk. I’d never seen her crying like that. It was definitely different.

‘I held her in my arms and asked her what was wrong several times. I thought she needed the toilet and when I took her to the washroom she was bleeding profusely

‘I wiped her but the bleeding wouldn’t stop. I was really scared and was screaming for help and then her father came home and we took her to hospital.’

Speaking about Yadav, the father added: ‘I did not know him personally but I’d obviously seen him in the area. I thought he was a friendly and playful man.

‘I was so shocked when I got to know something like this has happened with my daughter. He’s an old man, and she’s a toddler who’s only just started walking, she can’t even talk.’

The toddler was first taken to Jain Charitable Hospital where doctors confirmed she was raped and referred her to a government hospital.

She was admitted to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital, where police were called. On May 8 doctors decided to operate.

Dr Yogesh Kumar Sarin, pediatric surgeon, said: ‘It was confirmed that she was sexually abused and due to the size of the toddler, she suffered injuries.

The girl's mother said she only realised something was wrong after she heard her daughter crying outside. She took the girl to the bathroom, where she discovered her injuries

The girl’s mother said she only realised something was wrong after she heard her daughter crying outside. She took the girl to the bathroom, where she discovered her injuries

Police have since charged Yadav with rape and sexual assault and say he has confessed to attacking the girl (pictured)

The girl's mother said her family is being shunned since the attack, and they now plan to move so their daughter will never have to find out what happened to her

The girl’s mother said her family is being shunned since the attack, and they now plan to move so their daughter will never have to find out what happened to her

‘She has been operated for her injuries and is currently doing fine. A few follow up appointments will determine if there will be any permanent damage.

‘However, psychological trauma is more difficult to handle in such cases. We are giving counselling to the family to deal with the situation.’

Gandhi Nagar Police arrested Hare Ram on the same day and charged him with rape and sexual assault.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Nupur Prasad said: ‘He has confessed his crimes and is now in police custody and sent to a different jail in West Delhi.’

The toddler’s mother is now scared how her neighbours will react.

She said: ‘Several people have already commented, some have said she’ll never be able to conceive but I have to ignore their comments.

‘They see us in a different way now, as if we have committed a crime, as if we’re the criminals. It angers me.

‘I tell them to show mercy on my daughter and direct the anger towards the man. A person who has gone through this humiliation can understand the pain we are in.’

She said the incident has changed her daughter and she’s now wary of strangers.

‘She’s really scared of people now,’ she added. ‘She wouldn’t even go to her father; she’s petrified of men. She doesn’t go out to play anymore.

Doctors said the family are being offered counselling in order to deal with the psychological trauma of the rape

The little girl was playing on this street in east Delhi when she was taken by her neighbour and raped for 15 minutes

Pictured is the hospital in Delhi where the girl underwent surgery for injuries sustained during the violent rape

‘Earlier she loved playing outside but we won’t let her now. Every night, her screams haunt me of the pain she must have suffered at that time.

‘I could not even sleep for several nights until doctors said she’ll be fine. Now I don’t let her leave my side.’

The couple have decided not to tell her about the incident when she grows up and plan to move house to avoid people talking.

‘I will never tell her what happened as it will shatter her soul. I do not want her to face the humiliation from society so we’ve now decided to move home.

‘I will not be able to take it if someone taunts her or tries to ruin her life by reminding her of what happened.

‘All we want is justice now. How could a man be so cruel towards children? I cannot even imagine the pain and trauma she must have suffered. She is such a small girl.

‘If a man like him is not punished strictly, it will only encourage others. I hope the accused will be punished with the strictest punishment.’

Source:Daily Mail

Nkasiobi Chukwu

• Kadisha

2017-05-23 #1 Author

This is horrible!! How can you do that to a baby? He deserves to be under the jail! And for the police to not do anything about it is even worse justice should be served for her and her family..

• Affie

2017-05-23 #2 Author

This is truly sad I don’t understand how people can be this way

• Kitira Foster

2017-05-23 #3 Author

This is so sad 😩🤦🏼‍♀️ I have kids so this hurt my heart completely

• Jas Williams

2017-05-23 #4 Author

I feel like that is so bogus people just be doing anything and it’s sad

• Maimoona

2017-05-23 #5 Author

Is there any way we can help this family?

• Alexis

2017-05-23 #6 Author

This hurts my heart on so many levels no one deserves this

• Mia

2017-05-23 #7 Author

Why would someone want to harm a Baby. That’s ridiculous, Praying for the family.

• Amanda

2017-05-23 #8 Author

People have demon’s in them, but God will punish him.

• Lindesy

2017-05-23 #9 Author

I want to send them us currency $100.00 here is over $1600.00 for them how can we send money so they can move and give this girl a better life with a little less things to fear?

• Wanda

2017-05-23 #10 Author

This is terrible! I hope he spend the rest of his life in jail!

• Maria

2017-05-23 #11 Author

Justice should be served. He should be raped as well as castrated.. men like him or should I say people like him do not deserve to live. How could anyone torture an innocent child of God like that.

• Asia

2017-05-23 #12 Author

Smh this is sad. No reason for kids to go through this

• Sameera

2017-05-23 #13 Author

If the government of India starts givin death penalty for rapes than only this devastating things will stop. No hearing straight ” HANG TILL DEATH ” or
    “RIGOROUS LIFE IMPRISONMENT WITHOUT BAIL AND NO FURTHER HEARING AND APPEAL” than only this painful torturing on females will stop. I dont understand what fun this idiot men gets in raping a babies, come on a Babies,they are so gentle, fragile and delicate. This is only the sign of a mentally ill dangerous animals and are not allowed to live in the human society. DEATH PENTALY, THE ONLY SOLUTION.

• Drc

2017-05-24 #14 Author

Well said I told agree with you a 100%.

• Summer

2017-05-24 #15 Author

I completely concur to what you said! Death to the inhuman Devils!

• Jacob

2017-05-23 #16 Author

This is terrible

• Monira

2017-05-23 #17 Author

He deserves to DIE!!!

• Chante

2017-05-23 #18 Author

Smh that’s so sick & saaaad

• Drc

2017-05-24 #19 Author

Thanks to the author, for bringing awareness to sad stories like this to help people face the extreme penalty for there sick action especially on an innocent baby. God help this family to preserve their baby girl happiness and relocate to avoid further shun from society. This just breaks my heart

• Stacie

2017-05-24 #20 Author

Omg my heart is torn reading this. How could someone do something so inhuman-like to another person let alone a baby?😭 If justice isn’t served in this life it will be in the after life!! God sits high and watches low ❗️ Praying for the family

• Alexis

2017-05-24 #21 Author

Wow! This is HORRIFIC! I can only imagine the poor parents thoughts ATM. Who in their RIGHT mind would do some bs like this to a defenseless CHILD?! So sick😤 He needs to be dead,

• Khadijah

2017-05-24 #22 Author

Smh this is so sad how could he … he desevers to suffer

• Melissa

2017-05-24 #23 Author

This is extremely sad…. I do not even desire to imagine something of this nature happening to my daughter. I feel awful for the family and the child. I pray that her life isn’t shattered because of this incident. It is refreshing to that the neighbor is in jail now, however that can never wipe away what he did.

• nancy

2017-05-26 #24 Author

what an evil act, a baby that is so innocent and pure, that devil posses man has rape. May he not live to continue his evil act. He deserve to be jail for life, so that evil mind people like him will desist from such act.

• Ijeoma ndumka

2017-05-26 #25 Author

Am short of words

• Esusett

2017-05-26 #26 Author

He need to get his private parts cut off, so he cannot use it to harm no one else, this little girl will never be the same again.

• Apostle Callender

2017-05-27 #27 Author

May my Lord bless this little girl to grow up and have children may He comfort her parents ,my Pray is that this man be granted the same pain that he has place upon this child,maybe the government should remove his penis and let him bleed.

• Rae3

2017-05-27 #28 Author

This is Horrible both to the little girl & her family and a horrible job done by the journalist/writer of this article. The man/criminal, Hare Ram, not Yavir, was arrested and i hope they castrate and then perform a penile removal on him in prison without any medication.
    As for the journalist/writer, did you NOT notice the repetativeness of your article? Is the editor a family member or friend. I just can’t believe this was allowed to be published by any other. Not professional!

• Rae3

2017-05-27 #29 Author

Correction:
      …not Yadav…

• Drc

2017-05-30 #30 Author

Can you help me get in contact with the family to donate

• vera

2017-05-28 #31 Author

He deserve to die,useless man!

• Drc

2017-05-30 #32 Author

Please help me I want to donate to the family.

• Keke chavis

2017-06-08 #33 Author

I hope he dies a slow painful death. That’s sick and twisted. I can’t even believe it. I would’ve killed the guy My self.

• Morina Rapasia

2017-06-10 #34 Author

I have a daughter around this age and this story has brought me to tears. No child should have to go through such pain and trauma! Sick deranged animals should not be allowed to walk amongst us and put our children at the risk of being abused! My heart goes out to the family for not receiving the sympathy and comfort they need…
    May God comfort, protect and especially guide you in your plans to protect your daughter from further trauma.