10 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman- You Have Been Warned 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman- You Have Been Warned
Yea its a great feeling when someone close to us is pregnant but we shouldn’t let our joy make at or speak out of... 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman- You Have Been Warned

Yea its a great feeling when someone close to us is pregnant but we shouldn’t let our joy make at or speak out of line

Here’s a list of the top things you should never ask a pregnant woman. Share with your family, friends, and go ahead, even share with that nosy co-worker.

1. “Wow, you’re so small!”

I know you mean that in a complimentary way, but all I hear is, “Wow, are you sure your baby is OK?” Which leads me to freak out about the size of my baby and start Googling whether or not my baby is OK. And that never ends well.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

2. “Wow, you’re so big!”

I don’t care if I blow up like the Goodyear Blimp. Keep it to yourself. I am pregnant. Being pregnant tends to make a girl gain a little bit of weight.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

3. “Was it a surprise?”

Well, no. By my age, I hope I am smart enough to have figured out the whole birth control thing. Plus, I really don’t want to divulge to you whether this was premeditated or the accidental result of a quickie in the backseat of my boyfriend’s Mustang.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

4. “Can I touch your belly?”

No. But since you asked and didn’t just go for it, I will let you live. You’re welcome.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

5. “Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

I am hoping for a baby. That is my only real pony in this pregnancy race. Oh, and maybe a pony. I am hoping for a pony too.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

6. “You know, it’s really 10 months.”

You know, it’s really annoying when people point that out.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

7. “Well, when I was pregnant…”

Let me just stop you there. I am going through this like I’m the only person who has even been pregnant in the history of the earth. So I don’t want to hear about your negligible weight gain or horrendous hemorrhoids.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

8. “Have you picked out a name yet?”

Yes, but I don’t want to know if you dated someone with the same name in high school and that they broke your heart or whatever, so let’s just go with “No.”

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

9. “You really shouldn’t eat/drink/do that when you’re pregnant.”

You really shouldn’t give a pregnant woman advice. I could sit on your face and smother you to death.

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman

10. “Well, elephants are pregnant for 22 months, so you don’t have it that bad.”

*Blank stare followed by me walking away.*

21 things not to say to a pregnant woman
Source: Healthline

Nkasiobi Chukwu

• Zoriah

2017-06-13 #1 Author

I totally agree with this due to a pregnant woman’s raging hormones its sometimes unbearable for her to take your comments nonchalantly.

• Maleeka Nelson

2017-06-13 #2 Author

So true especially can I touch your stomach 🤦🏾‍♀️ I use to hate that omg…. like I’m not a pet 😪

• Aaliyah

2017-06-13 #3 Author

This is so true

• Kieshandria

2017-06-13 #4 Author

Great article . I would love to hear more 😌

• Kosygin Bynum

2017-06-13 #5 Author

This was really helpful, I know now what not to say in the future lol. I kinda learned the hard way lol

• Kayla

2017-06-13 #6 Author

I used to hate when people would assume what I was having by looking at my sonograms before I even knew what I was having. Like, “oh that looks like a boy”. Lol

• Tanisha December

2017-06-13 #7 Author

You are top small that is something I always heard when I was pregnant. An it always had me a bit worried.
    But never the less I have a beautiful an healthy baby girl.

• Kristie THOMAS

2017-06-13 #8 Author

Omg I’ve gotten all the see comments regarding my first pregnancy! I’m a small framed lady so everyone would say I’m going to have a small baby because my belly wasn’t as big as others. Ice had a 7 pound 12 ounce baby. So that’s a myth. It’s frustrating to say the least that everyone compared their pregnancy to yours. Truly, everyone is different.

• Bianca Welch

2017-06-13 #9 Author

All this happened to me when I was pregnant with my son. I know they meant well but after a while I got tired of the same thing over and over. Everywhere I went “Omg you are so big ,” what pregnant woman wants to hear that of course I am I don’t want to be reminded of it.

• Travon Calloway

2017-06-13 #10 Author

Ik not to say any of these cause I slipped my by saying some to my wife

• maria

2017-06-13 #11 Author

so true. as well as gender assumptions that are wrong but they swear by it. or Youre about to pop and more weeks go by and still pregnant.

• TyIonna Gillam

2017-06-13 #12 Author

I think people forget that an expected mom is going through a life changing experience, and hearing things like the article stated only irritates our souls. Lol Every pregnancy is different and every woman’s body is different so we don’t care for too much of everybody’s opinion. I enjoyed reading he article and wish I had read this while I was pregnant to releive stress.

• Kimly

2017-06-14 #13 Author

I’m currently 5 months pregnant and I hate for someone to ask to rub my belly, immediately I catch a attitude cause now a days people don’t mean good,might be rubbing with evil intentions