She’s Just A Toddler, But Thanks To A Babysitter, She’s Fighting For Her Life Again She’s Just A Toddler, But Thanks To A Babysitter, She’s Fighting For Her Life Again
Jessica Lamar already knew what it felt like to be afraid of losing her daughter, Gia, when she was born 10 weeks premature at... She’s Just A Toddler, But Thanks To A Babysitter, She’s Fighting For Her Life Again

Jessica Lamar already knew what it felt like to be afraid of losing her daughter, Gia, when she was born 10 weeks premature at UC Davis Medical Center in California.

Though her little girl pulled through and grew to be an adorable toddler, she’s now in the same medical center again and fighting for her life after a babysitter’s cruel punishment resulted in her needing emergency brain surgery.

Lamar’s 16-year-old babysitter had been watching Gia and three other children, all of whom were between a few months and five years old, at the mom’s Brownsville home when he got violent with the toddler.

The teenager called 9-1-1 afterwards and was arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse and an outstanding warrant out of Sacramento County. He’s currently in juvenile hall.

He first told police that he was trying to discipline Gia, which resulted in her head injury, but Child Protective Services told Lamar that what happened was more complicated than that.

“He has confessed to slamming her against the wall for allegedly sneaking candy and there was a significant time lapse from when he called me and I called 9-1-1 to when he called 9-1-1,” Lamar wrote. “My five-year-old saw and said he was striking her with a towel trying to wake her up.”

Gia has already made it through surgery, but she’s not out of the woods yet. She’s currently in critical condition.

(via Fox 40)

If you’d like to help Lamar cover the costs of Gia’s care, you can donate here, and please share this story with anyone else who might want to contribute. I think I speak for everyone when I say we’re rooting for you, Gia.

• Jartirria Gomillion

2017-06-28 #1 Author

This is exactly why I don’t let people babysit my daughter.

• Hope

2017-06-28 #2 Author

The story of Gia has eroded my heart with pain, the story of babysitters manhandling children is growing rapidly and this must come to an end. The good thing here is that the story and the incident has been reported to police and published so that it could serve as a warning and lesson to all parents who’s babies are left in the care of this babysitters. We are not saying all babysitters are bad but that we should as parents be vigilant ant careful when hiring babysitters.
    To Gia and lamar, may God be with you through d’s hard time.we are with all the way. Get well soon.

• India

2017-06-28 #3 Author

This is so sad, that’s why you have to be very careful with letting kids watch kids. I trust no one when it comes to my daughter because you can never be too careful. I pray she has a full recovery & is able to live her life normally.

• Denesha williams

2017-06-28 #4 Author

Aaaw praying for Gia 🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Tee

2017-06-29 #5 Author

I really hope she recovers this is terrible and nerve racking for anyone who’s a parent 😞

• Ashley Williams

2017-06-29 #6 Author

Omg I’m really feeling the pain as a mother but a teen wow its very sad that two kids are fighting for their life in this tragady not only that two families having to go on with life not knowing if they’ll ever get the chance to hug their kid again this is a very painful story praying for the families

• Tamara

2017-06-29 #7 Author

Prayers for this beautiful baby. God will heal her❤️

• Pep

2017-06-29 #8 Author

This is sad and breaks my heart . I don’t understand how people can hurt anyone , but to hurt a harmless child over candy . It make you scared to even allow someone to watch your child .

• Monty Capers

2017-06-29 #9 Author

I pray to god she pulls through… God bless her

• Jali desi

2017-06-29 #10 Author

This is way to saddening . The thought alone of losin your child will hurt you more than anything.

• C ar

2017-06-29 #11 Author

Why was a 16 year old watching so many children 🙏For both families

• monifah

2017-07-06 #12 Author

This is exactly why I allow NO ONE but my mother to baby sit my child, If that means I have to sit at home, I WILL. It’s just too risky gambling your childs life like that

• Marcia

2017-08-28 #13 Author

Thisng like this are the reason why I’m so protective of my son. I refuse to leave anyone alone with him.