Wife annoyed at husband’s late work hours, but when she overhears what daughter says—’it hit me’ Wife annoyed at husband’s late work hours, but when she overhears what daughter says—’it hit me’
When was the last time you sat down for a meal and thought about where the food you are eating came from? Or how... Wife annoyed at husband’s late work hours, but when she overhears what daughter says—’it hit me’

When was the last time you sat down for a meal and thought about where the food you are eating came from? Or how long it would’ve taken a farmer to labor in the fields and the potential sacrifices they made to cultivate the produce, to make a living for their family but also supply us, the end consumer?

Katie Spence Pugh is a mother of 3 and the wife of a farmer. On this particular day she shared a story on Instagram that’s been humbling for at least the thousands of people who have shared her post.

While she doesn’t partake in the farm work herself, she did describe in the family blog that because her husband Eugene Pugh helps run his family’s farm, she helps on her end by taking care of the home and kids after her full time job.

In her post Pugh said, “I was tired. I was irritated,” and that she had sent her husband a text telling him “I was feeling fed up with how much he works and with all that I have to do everyday by myself.”

The next moment was when she snapped the photo, it was at this moment that Pugh described “it hit me.”

Not only did her husband not complain after coming home exhausted from a long day farming, but “he said he was sorry I was tired and felt that way,” said Pugh.

He even made himself dinner and sat down to eat it alone but was joined by their daughter Charlotte, who happily talked to her father and also took quite a few bites of his food.

She continues her post:

“Do I wish that we saw him more than an hour or so a day? Yes. But, the love he has for his craft is something to envy. Farmers work in a thankless profession. It’s always non GMO this and organic that, and let’s not even talk about the stress from Mother Nature. This is a man who is working to uphold 4 generations of blood sweat and tears and showing his children the value of hard work and discipline.

“So while I felt frustrated, I really should have felt thankful. I got to sit down to dinner and hear all the stories from the day with the kids. I got to give them a bath and hear their squeals and giggles. I got to snuggle and love on them for 3 hours more than he did. He is the one sacrificing, not me. We will keep on keeping on until the next rainy day when we get a few extra hours with our hard worker. In the meantime, the next time you slip into that comfy cotton shirt or eat delicious farm fresh food, thank a farmer. Where would we be without them?”

The end of Pugh’s post is a reminder to us all that a farmer sacrifices so much for their craft and so do their families; it’s not easy work but we should be thankful that there are farmers out there willing to do the job.

Obinna Onyia

• Jazmon Dsha

2017-11-07 #1 Author

Its OK to feel frustrated. We are mother we are human. Sometimes it’s hard not catching a break. Your husband works long hours to provide for you guys. Give him credit at least he’s trying. Never take your frustration out on your spouse you never know what he’s going through instead sit down & talk it’s better for you & the kids

• Justice

2017-11-07 #2 Author

It’s okay to feel that way but he’s working to provide for his family

• Bran Golloway

2017-11-07 #3 Author

I have the same problem working late then coming home to a argument I just calmly tell my girl that we have to keep going the moment I stop we go broke and have no money to feed the kids

• Lala

2017-11-07 #4 Author

• Destiny

2017-11-09 #5 Author

I feel that they take the frustrations out on the man because they don’t kno how to tell them how they feel it’s hard tell you spouse you tired of them working I feel we as women should find another way because they work hard they don’t wana come home to an angry women

• Marjo

2017-11-09 #6 Author

I trully can relate to this with my husband working far from us and im also a working mom. We sometimes fight because of little time spent together, but i know that the kids will be affected very much. Im still lucky since i got to cuddle them every night and my husband can only do that during vacations. Understanding and communication is the best for all relationship

• Barbra Okova

2017-11-10 #7 Author

I understand that feeling but its okay he’s working hard to be able to support his family….A promising future

• Kesi

2017-11-11 #8 Author

There need to be more men in this world like him. Alot of women like myself take care the kids in every way alone. You a very lucky woman

• Kita

2017-11-13 #9 Author

I understand both sides. I’m a single mother of a 7 and 1 year old since my fiancé passed . So I understand how frustrating it is to have to do everything alone . Unfortunately I’m also the only income coming in so I’m at work all the time and miss valuable time with my kids.

• Jay

2017-11-13 #10 Author

He’s a hard working man he’s really got the right mindset for his family

• Kimberly Gleen

2017-11-17 #11 Author

I definitely can understand where you’re coming from. As a Mother it’s really your first instinct to think that way. Your mind starts racing. I know my husband works a lot and I know one of my questions to myself is what if my child feels as if his daddy puts work before him . So we as parents had a conversation with our son to just let him know that “Daddy is the provider and he works to make sure that we’re taken care of” and i love my husband so much because ANYTIME he has downtime now, he’s spending it with me and my son.

• Amber Gibson

2017-11-19 #12 Author

I love the fact that a hard working man can come home from working all day and still take the time out to talk and love on his children when the mom is tired. #Realness