Daughter’s Innocent Tattoo Became Fatal — Now The Father Warns Other Parents Daughter’s Innocent Tattoo Became Fatal — Now The Father Warns Other Parents
The Gulliver family, from Britain, had traveled to Egypt for a vacation. Unfortunately, Mrs. Gulliver was hospitalized when she suffered a gallbladder infection. While... Daughter’s Innocent Tattoo Became Fatal — Now The Father Warns Other Parents

The Gulliver family, from Britain, had traveled to Egypt for a vacation. Unfortunately, Mrs. Gulliver was hospitalized when she suffered a gallbladder infection. While she was in the hospital, her two children Sebastian, 9, and Madison, 7, stayed by her side. The mom was finally released, and she and her husband wanted to do something special to try and make up for lost time.

black henna tattoo
Image Credit: Good Morning Britain / YouTube

The hotel was offering guests henna tattoos -which are temporary and can be washed off. Normally, henna tattoos don’t leave permanent marks and are made up of natural ingredients – they thought it would be safe.

black henna tattoo
Image Credit: Good Morning Britain / YouTube

Sebastian and Madison were very happy with their henna tattoos until Sebastian starting to scratch this arm and they washed it off. Madison seemed fine, so they left hers on. When the family returned home to England, Madison’s tattoo started to bother her – not only that, but the skin around the tattoo was red!

black henna tattoo

Image Credit: Good Morning Britain / YouTube

When they washed the tattoo off, they applied some soothing ointment. In the morning, Madison had big red blisters that were similar to burns! After doing research, the parents found out that the henna that had been used was black henna – which contains PPD (an ingredient found in hair dye).

black henna tattoo

Image Credit: Good Morning Britain / YouTube

In the UK, PPD is not allowed because it can cause an allergic reaction in the skin – like the one Madison had experienced! Madison was treated at Salisbury District Hospital, and it will be a few years before her skin returns to normal.

Henry Okafor

  • Rodnesha

    2018-01-09 #1 Author

    Who would let the young child get a tattoo now this little baby going through pain because of it and who ever did it, didn’t do it right.

    Reply

  • Yaya sanders

    2018-01-10 #2 Author

    That is so scary you can’t get anything no a days without worrying is it going to effect you in a bad way or not

    Reply

  • Asiah

    2018-01-10 #3 Author

    I would never let a kid get a tattoo #childendangerment

    Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *