East Orange Sergeant Tahmesha Dickey Dies After Childbirth East Orange Sergeant Tahmesha Dickey Dies After Childbirth
Sgt. Dickey was a 16-year veteran who died after giving birth to her third child. East Orange, NJ – East Orange Police Department Sergeant... East Orange Sergeant Tahmesha Dickey Dies After Childbirth

East Orange, NJ – East Orange Police Department Sergeant Tahmesha Dickey, 38, died on Sunday, Jan. 7, due to complications following childbirth.

Sgt. Dickey, a mother of three, passed away on the sixteenth anniversary of her date of hire at the East Orange Police Department, TAPinto reported.

The Newark native was described as a “hard-working officer” who was a “true team player,” TAPinto reported.

She is survived by her children, 20-year-old Jay’Naisha Nelson, 13-year-old Mehki Nunn, and newborn Mushin Shabazz, as well as her significant other, Mustafa Shabazz, and her parents, Hamlett and Toni Holmes, the Star Ledgerreported.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of East Orange Sgt. Dickey, both blood and blue. Godspeed, we will take the watch from here. Thank you for your service.

Obinna Onyia

• Zakiya

2018-06-10 #1 Author

prayers for the family

• Tasha,early

2018-06-11 #2 Author

I’m so sorry that the family had to endure so much at this beautiful wife beautiful family May the good lord always protect and guide this beautiful family May her soul Rip 😢

• Taylor

2018-06-11 #3 Author

Oh wow that’s crazzy

• AB

2018-06-11 #4 Author

Prayers go up as blessings come down……… Stay strong family together anything is possible.

• Patricia Zamor

2018-06-11 #5 Author

May he in time find solace in remembering their life together even as I join others in praying for him, strength to carry on as he cares for their child/and her children. Condolences to dad and the extended family.

• Victoria

2018-06-12 #6 Author

So sorry for everyone’s loss. Especially the children, parents, and significant other. So tragic.

• Sue

2018-06-12 #7 Author

So sorry for your loss. Thank you for your service Sergeant.

• Rebecca

2018-06-12 #8 Author

It is a blessing for you and your daughter to have each other at this time. The way you are handling this with grace is such a beautiful memory for your family to share. Looking at this video I can most almost certainly say that she is in the same room with you two at this moment. My condolences go out to you and your family stay strong GOD is good.

• Lisa Slays

2018-06-13 #9 Author

CONFIRMATION, I FELT THat EXACT THING 🙏🙏🙏

• Kim Baskins

2018-09-16 #10 Author

I also assured him that she is there with him cheering him on with every breath he takes..

• Linda Lovett Lindsey

2018-06-12 #11 Author

Rip Sergeant Dickey. May God keep this family close and comfort them during this time of loss.

• Wanda

2018-06-12 #12 Author

Sooo sorry for your loss, my her soul rip. I pray that God give her family peace, strength, and comfort in their time of sorrow in the name of Jesus amen.

• Lauren Wilson

2018-06-12 #13 Author

Rip Officer !!! #Salute!! I wish her family well.

• Rebecca Belton

2018-06-12 #14 Author

My condolences to her parents and her kids and husband and the East Orange polie department.

• Nene

2018-06-12 #15 Author

Man i hope her husband is alright this is so sad. God bless his heart and lord watch over their family.

• Mahalia Scott

2018-06-12 #16 Author

PRAYERS GOING UP Glory to God he covering over u doing this time. Keep the Faith an be blessed

• Ashley

2018-06-12 #17 Author

So sorry for your lost I’m praying for the family that god brings you peace and many blessings

• Traci

2018-06-12 #18 Author

My prayers are with this family, in their time of lost.

• Monique

2018-06-12 #19 Author

This is so sad but let ther memories and good times you shared together comfort you.
    God bless you with a beautiful gift a baby train her well.

• Rolena Baskin

2018-06-12 #20 Author

Follow him on instagram. Mustafa Shabazz

• Delia Rodriguez

2018-06-13 #21 Author

May God bless you and the family total. My heart was touched of your giving love.I pray for her.and your big faith.I feel..

• Mellarie Thomas

2018-06-13 #22 Author

Much love to this devoted father and his family! I am deeply sorry for the loss of your lovely Wife, Friend and Mother. May The Creator shine light and love on you all!

• Angela Beckley

2018-06-13 #23 Author

God Bless this Family

• Kathy Calderone

2018-06-13 #24 Author

My condolences go out to all her family especially her husband and her kids god had a reason for takeinh her and brought a nrw one in now she can watch out for all her family fly high my dear and thank you for all your services you havr r.i.p my dear i know your watching over one your family and friendsgod bless you. Sergeant Dickey fly highy my dear

• Sedrick Ingram

2018-06-13 #25 Author

Praying that the family endures through this most heartfelt time. Brother Mustafa may Allah cover all you need and blessings are plentiful. May peace be with you.

• Clare

2018-06-13 #26 Author

Poor baby who will never know the small things about his Mom but I’m sure the family will keep her alive through memories…how lucky though is that tiny baby to have such an Obviously amazing Daddy..

• Lisa

2018-06-13 #27 Author

Sending condolences from Chicago many heaven smile on you all with many blessings.

• Diana Powell

2018-06-13 #28 Author

I’m praying for this family that God will give all of the the strength that they need to carry on with life.

• Klove

2018-06-13 #29 Author

Rest in love and Gods blessings for healing and strength!

• Andi

2018-06-13 #30 Author

“Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those” John 5:28-29
    Words I live by because there is a chance hope set before us that we will see are love ones lost in death again. I hope you find comfort in knowing that.

• Vinnette folkes

2018-06-13 #31 Author

God bless the family’s Cover them under your blood Especially the father he going to need all The strength in the mighty name I pray amen

• Shirley webster

2018-06-13 #32 Author

My condolences to all who loved her and all those who knew her and were touched by her. Appreciate her service, she was a true hero.

• Meltonia

2018-06-13 #33 Author

So sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family and know you are blessed. She will always be with you and your child in your heart ans soul. Condolences sent.

• D. Young

2018-06-13 #34 Author

My Condolences to the family! God bless you all! Thank you for your service! I salute you my sister!🙏🏻💟🙏🏻

• Robert

2018-06-13 #35 Author

Peace my brother iev had my son since he was 8 he is now 17 what a beautiful journey we have had so know this as a fact you are going most definitely have your seeds mom with u guys always because she left to give you ya’ll insight on what’s to come and so on my condolences to you a the lil one peace

• Griffin

2018-06-14 #36 Author

My condolences to the family, I would hate to lose a member of my family on such a momentous day.

• Lois Goodwin

2018-06-14 #37 Author

My God wrap his arms of comfort and understanding around this family, may this beautiful baby bring joy and happiness in this time of mourning, remember God makes no mistakes

• Mildred Protho

2018-06-14 #38 Author

Very sorry for your loss. My prayers goes out to the families. Thanks for serving. God Bless You’ll….

• Sheema W.

2018-06-14 #39 Author

My Prayers r with the Beautiful family

• WardellMeredith

2018-06-14 #40 Author

Sending prayers from Horn Lake,Ms

• Bernadette Nc Carthy

2018-06-14 #41 Author

Sad story. My condolences to the family, especially the children and significant other

• Elizabeth Hays

2018-06-14 #42 Author

Prayers up
    God bless u guys !!!

• Alecia kennedy

2018-06-14 #43 Author

Praise God he is watching over your family,may God keep them in perfect peace

• Priscilla Valerio

2018-06-14 #44 Author

My thoughts are with the family and the children of this wonderful mother and wife and 👮‍♀️! I used to live in Toms River NJ then moved away after I lost my 14 yo son to an unexpected suicide. Loss is great but the fact she left behind 3 precious little copies of herself and a symbol of this woman and her husbands love is something that should be honored!

• Karla Ellis

2018-06-14 #45 Author

God Bless you & your family, your precious New born I can tell is in the hands of a loving Father, the loss of your wife is beyond heartbreaking. I PRAY THAT GOD COMFORTS you in such time of sorrow & provide you all Blessings upon Blessings to carry on until you meet again. For sure she’s smiling down on you from HEAVEN

• Taajee

2018-06-15 #46 Author

Sorry for your loss thank you for serving our country. I’m praying for the family and her friends. I’m encouraging her to make it through this sadness time thier lives . I hope they are doing well from today. God will cover you through it all, God has his arms around you to keep your family safe while they going through this tough time of life. I hope that I encourage the family and I wish nothing from the best of you

• Martha Dorsey

2018-06-15 #47 Author

This is a sad thing to happen to this family may God bless you and keep your head’s high

• K. Sutton

2018-06-15 #48 Author

Sorry for your lost I know she was a wonderful person and mother.may God rest her soul. I know you will be a good father to your kids.prayers are sent…

• Kia

2018-06-15 #49 Author

Prayers for you Mr. Shabazz and the family of Tahmesha I will like to send you my condolences. Love that little precious baby with everything. And I hope that you will eventually be able to one day find a female family member or role model if she doesn’t already have one, whom is able to mold that beautiful , respectful that would make you and family proud of the way her mother would appreciate. May her mother watch over here and keep her safe as her guardian angel. May she always be blessed by the MOST HIGH.🙏

• Kye

2018-06-16 #50 Author

My condolences God. Sending positive energy and light to you and your families 😢💖👑

• Angela

2018-06-16 #51 Author

May God continue to comfort all that knew Sergeant Tahmesha well.

• Trina

2018-06-16 #52 Author

Sorry for your loss my God give you the sstrength and the patience and love you need in this time of grief

• Lori Gorton

2018-06-16 #53 Author

Definitely a blessing the baby is a gift from God. Even when we don’t understand the reasons WHY we always ask ourselves when tragedies like these happen…..God knows and I DO believe one day you will have answers. CHERISH the gift 🎁and always thank God for what you have. One day we will all be home as one big happy family with Jesus 🙏

• Ana Flores

2018-06-16 #54 Author

That’s very very sad to read. Amazed that he’s taking it one day at a time. He’s looking fantastic and loving his baby who am sure is missing his mommy too. His video looks very inspirational n loving 😊😍🙏Prayers n Blessing to his whole family.

• Victoria

2018-06-17 #55 Author

So sorry for the loss of what sounds like a beautiful soul but her soul will live on in the family and that beautiful baby

• Shelia Curd

2018-06-17 #56 Author

My prayers are with this family. So very sorry for your loss. You don’t know me but I have 10 grandchildren. Would love to include you in my brew. May God watch over each of you. May your mom RIPARADISE.

• Monica Heavens

2018-06-17 #57 Author

Prayers for him and his family

• Mary

2018-06-18 #58 Author

Prayers for her family wow so sad

• Cheryl

2018-06-19 #59 Author

Sorry for your loss prayers go up to the family.

• Danielle

2018-06-19 #60 Author

Jesus is Lord and watching and protecting you and your baby and I’m praying for you both 🤗🤗

• Cheryl White- Grier

2018-06-20 #61 Author

All praiaws to you and your family for enduring this difficult loss. If there is anything I can do to support you please let me know.

• Lori

2018-06-20 #62 Author

This is heartbreaking. Sending my condolences to the family.

• Robert Zucker

2018-06-21 #63 Author

I would like to send the family a copy of my book, The Journey Through Grief and Loss: Helping Yourself and Your Child When Grief Is Shared (St. Martin’s Press). Please let me know where to send. Thank you.

• Deborah Lester

2018-06-21 #64 Author

To the family, friends and all that loved Ms. Tahmesha, I’m sure there are no words to convey the magnitude of your burdened hearts at this time. Please remain prayful for and with one another. I truly believe her memories will and should be kept alive for her babies. Even baby Mushin not having the opportunity to meet mommy, will develop her own memories through what’s being shared by you all. It won’t be easy but know, this can only be accomplished through GOD’S presence and his word. I pray BLESSINGS for each and every one of you!

• Cheryle

2018-06-22 #65 Author

God bless..my prayer and heartfelt condolences to the family

• Serena Masterson

2018-06-25 #66 Author

My deepest condolences to the family thank to Sargent for ur time served 😢stay strong family forever ❤️

• Mary

2018-06-26 #67 Author

So sorry for your loss sending prayers to you and your family my deepest condolences to you and your family ❤

• Kandace

2018-06-27 #68 Author

So sad!! Child birth is scary.. prayers for her family!😢

• L.A. Sandoval

2018-07-12 #69 Author

Very sorry for the loss of Ms. Dickey. My condolences to her children, husband, and her family. Losing someone is never easy it’s painful and it hurts like crazy. But with the guidance of our Lord and his blessings we can overcome anything. God bless you all.

• Keionna cottrell

2018-08-21 #70 Author

This is a very touchy situation and I pray God wraps his healing warm arms around u and your family

• Sandye

2018-09-07 #71 Author

May the Lord and keep this beautiful family. May His countenance shine upon you all and give you peace. Your loss is heartfelt. Through time it will heal.

• Katie

2018-09-15 #72 Author

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful wife… sending 💕 and prayers always.